GM Waiting to Fix Transmission on my 1 Day old AT4

Trans shudder is because the OEM fluid is no good and won't last, Mobil 1 has had to reinvent their Dexron HP.  Bean counter spec's.  If the dealer can't solve it, he is incompetent IMO and a great many are. 

Dealer can't just replace a trans (or engine for that matter) on a whim, they have to get approval by the zone rep. If they let every dealer willy nilly replace expensive parts without conformation of the problem they would take the easy way out.  They should have put you in a new loaner or rental and pick up the tab.   Case in point, someone I know had a issue with the 4wd system in his 2012 Silverado. They did several things to it and nothing seemed better.  So after much pissing and moaning the dealer caved in and order a new transfer case the customer diagnosed as the problem and insisted they replace. Guess what, same thing.  It was the !@#$%^& tires he put on it but he would not accept that reason.  They put tires and wheels from a good used truck on lot and it rode 100% better, still would accept that and blames it all on GM. 

Edited by elcamino

On 10/28/2018 at 9:44 PM, Jimbo20 said:

10 speed, 6.2l.   It was towed in on Wednesday.

HERE WE GO!!! My dealership had a solution for my clunky 8 speed transmission. "why not trade it in we have a 10 speed now" LOL LOL LOL . whith all the problems with the 8 speed someone would have to be nuts to pick up a truck with a 10 speed. And look Problems are already begining. Soon there will be a bible of threads about this Transmission.

3 hours ago, benelli said:

HERE WE GO!!! My dealership had a solution for my clunky 8 speed transmission. "why not trade it in we have a 10 speed now" LOL LOL LOL . whith all the problems with the 8 speed someone would have to be nuts to pick up a truck with a 10 speed. And look Problems are already begining. Soon there will be a bible of threads about this Transmission.

So, just curious, not being sarcastic, is there anything that you like about your truck? What are you thinking of getting into when you get rid of it?

6 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

So, just curious, not being sarcastic, is there anything that you like about your truck? What are you thinking of getting into when you get rid of it?

Like the truck just don’t like all the issues and potential issues that will develop down the line. I can understand some minor issues when it’s a new build but the truck don’t run right by the time you get it home from the dealer. I have always been a GM guy but how can I stay loyal with all the problems they have . If they would at least fix the issues properly instead of just brushing it off as it’s normal operation. The lies about “we don’t see many with transmission issues” really it’s all over the internet everybody with same issues. There response is don’t believe what you read on the net. So everybody all over the country just wake up and post these same problems with transmissions with same symptoms Out of the blue . I had a ram 1500 sure it had a few issues but company fixed problems correctly didn’t hide behind there known trans or other problems and fool customers into thinking it’s normal . They just don’t want to make it a recall as it’s not a safety issue so just string along everyone

On 1/10/2019 at 3:53 PM, selmahotrod said:

They have tried but the problem keeps coming back. Trans. shutter

My 2017 8-speed is going back to the dealer today for the third time in 4 months to address the transmission shutter. Service tech told me, "Since the first of the year we have received a new transmission fluid from GM that seems to fix the issue." :bs: we shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the old fluid held too much moisture for these trans’s to work as designed.  Basically the new fluid doesn’t hold any/as much water.  How?  I have no idea. 

Knock on wood, 19,000 miles and my 8 speed is still an awesome driving shifting transmission 

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 10:53 AM, selmahotrod said:

GM cannot fix my 2017 8 speed

I had the same issue with my 17 Denali. I sold it to get the new 19 AT4 with 10 speed. No issues so far after 1700 miles.