GM Waiting to Fix Transmission on my 1 Day old AT4

22 minutes ago, benelli said:

Its All bull Crap There isn`t any transmission fluid going to fix a failed designed Transmission. I had the flush done twice with the Mobile 1 Hp Stuff if anything its worse. just another string a log move by GM. then they tell you to drive it for another 200 mile so it relearns. LOL LOL seems like all gm products have learning disabilities. The service advisors get trained on that phase when they cant fix shit. LOL . i the men time you drive it for another few hundred k`s and thats how they get rid of you for awhile

There's more than one version of the fluid. If you use the latest version and still have TCC shudder then you're supposed to get a new TC. I know 3 different people with 8-speeds that had their shudder go away and stay away since they got the newest version of Dexron HP.

9 hours ago, benelli said:

Its All bull Crap There isn`t any transmission fluid going to fix a failed designed Transmission. I had the flush done twice with the Mobile 1 Hp Stuff if anything its worse. just another string a log move by GM. then they tell you to drive it for another 200 mile so it relearns. LOL LOL seems like all gm products have learning disabilities. The service advisors get trained on that phase when they cant fix shit. LOL . i the men time you drive it for another few hundred k`s and thats how they get rid of you for awhile

You are correct. its a band aid for a real issue that GM doesn't want to spend money on. 

9 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

There's more than one version of the fluid. If you use the latest version and still have TCC shudder then you're supposed to get a new TC. I know 3 different people with 8-speeds that had their shudder go away and stay away since they got the newest version of Dexron HP.

Its a great band aid for now, no transmission/tq converter should need multiple revisions of fluid to get it to operate properly.  Give it sometime. Theses transmission will start to fail at some point and for many I am sure it will happen outside the warranty period. It will then be your problem not GM's 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Shuttering harsh 1st second shifts chugging the issues are endless with these transmissions. My point is if changing the fluid doesn’t help . Then ya it’s the TC but what does that tell you if the fluid does eliminate the shutter. How much damage has the torque converter sustained. Listen we can sugar coat it all we want . When we spend over 60 grand on a truck we almost drive it to not make it harsh shift because we are in denial. Lol . Bottom line is these transmissions are junk . They will fail and usually after Warenty is up. Remember between on-star and the computer software they can manipulate all kinds of issues down the road . That’s how the service department makes money for the dealership

23 minutes ago, benelli said:

Remember between on-star and the computer software they can manipulate all kinds of issues down the road . That’s how the service department makes money for the dealership

Where's the foil????

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, benelli said:

Shuttering harsh 1st second shifts chugging the issues are endless with these transmissions. My point is if changing the fluid doesn’t help . Then ya it’s the TC but what does that tell you if the fluid does eliminate the shutter. How much damage has the torque converter sustained. Listen we can sugar coat it all we want . When we spend over 60 grand on a truck we almost drive it to not make it harsh shift because we are in denial. Lol . Bottom line is these transmissions are junk . They will fail and usually after Warenty is up. Remember between on-star and the computer software they can manipulate all kinds of issues down the road . That’s how the service department makes money for the dealership

I haven't had any chuggle or slamming shifts. Shuddering before getting the newest Dexron formulation means nothing because the TCC was designed to handle slip via pulse-width modulation. Even modern transmission slips the TCC.

Why exactly are you hanging out in the T1xx section if you own a 2017 truck with an older version of the 8-speed design. Your transmission doesn't even have the latest design updates. Go trade your truck if you don't like it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, benelli said:

Remember between on-star and the computer software they can manipulate all kinds of issues down the road . That’s how the service department makes money for the dealership

57 minutes ago, benelli said:

Huh? I understand how Onstar makes money, but software manipulated issues down the road? 

Can an you Explain?

Huh? I understand how Onstar makes money, but software manipulated issues down the road? 

Can an you Explain?

Some tinfoil theory that if your truck has an issue, they can remote in via OnStar access to your computer and suppress the errors until after your warranty is up so that you have to then pay for a repair that GM should have put out as a recall to everyone in warranty.

1 hour ago, HondaHawkGT said:

I haven't had any chuggle or slamming shifts. Shuddering before getting the newest Dexron formulation means nothing because the TCC was designed to handle slip via pulse-width modulation. Even modern transmission slips the TCC.

Why exactly are you hanging out in the T1xx section if you own a 2017 truck with an older version of the 8-speed design. Your transmission doesn't even have the latest design updates. Go trade your truck if you don't like it.

I will and you will be on this forum for the next 5 years looking at this issue with your junk. 

19 minutes ago, benelli said:

I will and you will be on this forum for the next 5 years looking at this issue with your junk. 

Right. And trolls like you were saying garbage like that about the 2014's when I had one. They told me my AC was going to go out, the steering rack was going to fail, the wax was going to fall off the frame, etc. When I traded it for my 2019 the AC worked perfectly,  the frame had all its wax, and the steering rack still worked like new. Now here you are telling me my transmission has problems with it. Funny, mine doesn't shudder, slam into gears, chuggle, or any other garbage you claim it does. It actually shifts smoother than my buddy's 2019 Ram 1500, which is sitting at the dealer getting a new transmission as I write this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Right. And trolls like you were saying garbage like that about the 2014's when I had one. They told me my AC was going to go out, the steering rack was going to fail, the wax was going to fall off the frame, etc. When I traded it for my 2019 the AC worked perfectly,  the frame had all its wax, and the steering rack still worked like new. Now here you are telling me my transmission has problems with it. Funny, mine doesn't shudder, slam into gears, chuggle, or any other garbage you claim it does. It actually shifts smoother than my buddy's 2019 Ram 1500, which is sitting at the dealer getting a new transmission as I write this.

Wait a while bud it’s a matter of time you”lol be banging your head saying all these people were right. Just give it some time . My Neibour just bought a high country soon as he hit 2000 Kim the banging and shifting problems started his is a 2019 so what’s the deal there does he not have the latest software then ? What’s the excuse there the dealer told him the transmission has to relearn lol lol . Sounds like the old excuse from the 2016 ‘s on don’t you think. 

19 minutes ago, HondaHawkGT said:

man.....GM has you wrapped around their finger. Just wait until you have issues and the only option are some half assed fixes. 

7 minutes ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Lets see

My ac lines went out at 32,000 miles

My ac condenser went out a week and a half later

My steering pump was replaced at 29,000 miles

The frame wax while mainly a cosmetic issue has been an ongoing complaint for decades now, it stinks and while i know i don't have to worry anytime soon about the frame rotting through it looks terrible and really for the last 30+ years of owning gm trucks every single one of them has done it. Personally i think powder coating looks better and last longer.

And yes i have all of those concerns with my 6 speed the absolute worst shifting vehicle i have ever driven, slow speed driving in my truck is a headache and seriously have kept myself from testing different brands because i think the second i drive something that doesn't jerk, bang and stutter into gear i will hand my wallet over willingly lol.

Kind of laughable that my 1994 s10 zr2 had the same drive shaft/slip yoke  clunk as my 2005 silverado and the same in my 2014 sierra!

46 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Lets see

My ac lines went out at 32,000 miles

My ac condenser went out a week and a half later

My steering pump was replaced at 29,000 miles

The frame wax while mainly a cosmetic issue has been an ongoing complaint for decades now, it stinks and while i know i don't have to worry anytime soon about the frame rotting through it looks terrible and really for the last 30+ years of owning gm trucks every single one of them has done it. Personally i think powder coating looks better and last longer.

And yes i have all of those concerns with my 6 speed the absolute worst shifting vehicle i have ever driven, slow speed driving in my truck is a headache and seriously have kept myself from testing different brands because i think the second i drive something that doesn't jerk, bang and stutter into gear i will hand my wallet over willingly lol.

Kind of laughable that my 1994 s10 zr2 had the same drive shaft/slip yoke  clunk as my 2005 silverado and the same in my 2014 sierra!

Steering pump? Show us where the steering pump is on your 2014 Sierra.

Sucks to be you if you had those problems with your 2014. GM sold nearly 2 million K2xx half-tons and you lost. Aside from a bad battery and a radiator leak that was replaced free of charge under a TSB, mine was flawless for 5 years. My 2014 had bad shift logic until it was tuned by BBP. My 2019 shifts better than my BBP tuned 2014.

Slip yoke clunk is always an issue with a truck with a relatively softly tuned leaf-spring suspension and 1-piece driveshaft. It's only become a "problem" as metros decided to buy their first truck and don't understand something inherent in the design of the truck they bought. The F-150 has gotten the exact same complaint for years for the very same issue.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

man.....GM has you wrapped around their finger. Just wait until you have issues and the only option are some half assed fixes. 

Why? Because I haven't had a problem with my trucks? Like I said, idiots said the exact same shit you're saying now. GUESS WHAT. It didn't happen! Not in five years of owning the truck. It started every time, the AC blew cold every time, the brakes worked every time, the transmission worked every time, etc. Get a life.

• Like 1