I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

Folks, I've owned GM trucks for 25 years: a '93 GMC stepside regular cab, a '97 Chevy stepside regular cab Z-71, an '07 Silverado extended cab Z-71, and a '10 Silverado extended cab Z-71.  These new trucks are, quite frankly, the butt-ugliest thing that I've ever seen on the road.  I've loved all the GM trucks I've owned, but I recently pulled the trigger on an '18 F-150 SCREW XLT with the ecoboost 3.5 and FX-4 package.  I'm not in love with the new Ford yet (and honestly wish I'd never traded my '10 Silverado), but I'm REALLY glad that I didn't buy a new Silverado or Sierra. What the hell were they thinking - or smoking - when they designed these things?

Edited by manley
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

This reminds me when I bought the 94 redesign Dodge 1 Ton dually. My brothers and father laughed their butts off at it. They called it hideous. One year later there was three more parked at our shop. The new GMs will grow on every one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I love my '18.  Not super huge on the look of the '19 but I can see where some do look better than others.  That said, I don't really know why someone that owns a Ford feels the need to come to a GM forum just to say they don't like the new offerings when they had every option to buy an '18 for probably a screaming deal if you look hard enough.

• Like 2

People expected to be wowed by the new trucks. They just knew that GM would keep the positives of the current trucks, add the features people have asked for and give it a nice, cohesive design. What they found is that GM added some, took away some, and didn't really catch up, but played it safe. Add in the polarizing design, and many GM truck fans are scratching their heads wondering what happened. A fancy tailgate is the main new item, and it's only on the Sierra this time. It could very well be like the Malibu a few years ago, where the MCE was rushed out not long after debut. 

I'm still interested to see what the HD trucks are like. Perhaps GM will put back features that were taken away for the 2019 1500s. We should know in a couple months.

In 06 when the GMT900s were unveiled I absolutely hated them. The evidence is still on this site if my disdain for them. Since the fall of 09 I have owned my 2010 [emoji15] they do grow on you. I dont think the new ones are hideous. LTZ has to much chrome IMO though

Ryan B.

• Like 1

totally agree with you here.  I had a 94, 2008, 2014 and now 2016

Gm guy through and through but admit styling on 19 has yet to grown on me.  I wish the standard bed crew cab was already out 

5 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

I really like them.  From the first time I saw them last year.  Call me crazy but I must be the minority.  Which is good. It means I will be the only one driving one.  :)

Sometimes it is Good to be in the minority and I think there are a lot of us!  I have gotten Numerous compliments from total strangers on how much they like my "Hideous" truck.

• Like 3

The styling of the Silverado looks good, except for the silly-looking air curtains. They should've found a way to integrate it like they did for the Sierra. The truck has a nice profile from the side, rear and front 3/4, but the straight-on view is odd.

The styling of the Sierra also looks good, except for the ridiculous wheel wells. Either leave them squared off or round them up. They look like a SD card. 

I've been in the interior of a Denali. I don't mind the new (refreshed) look, but I am disappointed in the features they removed and the lack of adding some they should have. I like the added room in the back of the crew cabs, the USB and USB-C plugs as well as the increased wattage of the 120v outlets.