I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

On 10/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, manley said:

Folks, I've owned GM trucks for 25 years: a '93 GMC stepside regular cab, a '97 Chevy stepside regular cab Z-71, an '07 Silverado extended cab Z-71, and a '10 Silverado extended cab Z-71.  These new trucks are, quite frankly, the butt-ugliest thing that I've ever seen on the road.  I've loved all the GM trucks I've owned, but I recently pulled the trigger on an '18 F-150 SCREW XLT with the ecoboost 3.5 and FX-4 package.  I'm not in love with the new Ford yet (and honestly wish I'd never traded my '10 Silverado), but I'm REALLY glad that I didn't buy a new Silverado or Sierra. What the hell were they thinking - or smoking - when they designed these things?

I have a 17, it's the first new Chevy I have purchased at 47 years old. I bought it after owning 6 or 7 new Toyota's. I bought because I loved the look of the truck. So far it's been a okay truck but it seems like I've had a bunch of little issues and the service departments I have been to suck at best. I looked at the new body style yesterday while at the dealer having some warranty work done. There okay but I won't be buying one.

Folks, I've owned GM trucks for 25 years: a '93 GMC stepside regular cab, a '97 Chevy stepside regular cab Z-71, an '07 Silverado extended cab Z-71, and a '10 Silverado extended cab Z-71.  These new trucks are, quite frankly, the butt-ugliest thing that I've ever seen on the road.  I've loved all the GM trucks I've owned, but I recently pulled the trigger on an '18 F-150 SCREW XLT with the ecoboost 3.5 and FX-4 package.  I'm not in love with the new Ford yet (and honestly wish I'd never traded my '10 Silverado), but I'm REALLY glad that I didn't buy a new Silverado or Sierra. What the hell were they thinking - or smoking - when they designed these things?

Edited by DMT6
double post

On 10/30/2018 at 6:22 PM, manley said:

Thanks for your opinion dude 

7 hours ago, j-ten-ner said:

Here you go :D

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-High-Country-interiorc.jpg

Personally I think the use of piano black finish around the Silverado's interior might of made it look a lot nicer, especially around the 4wd controls/switches and the instrument panel. some cars has It done, looks nicer than flat black look. also a litter wider screen such as a 10" would look better too on higher trim levels.

I think the k2 bodystyle looked great. Haven't warmed up to the t1s yet though. Maybe I will, but probably not. On a side nope, I hope you have good luck with that ecoboost, those engines leak oil like a 30 year old dodge. 

• Like 1

I like the Trailboss, Custom and I also like that you can outfit a WT with most tech options now including a Trailboss lift. In my humble opinion a WT with the Z71 and tech add on's is probably the only model that really goes head to head with the others comparables. I don't hate the truck and I am really starting to like the looks of the Silverado but they have'nt done anything to make me feel like running out and buying one. It's obvious they're going for profit over choice. It's probably good for GM but not great for the consumer who wants to outfit a truck to their liking. I don't know what to think of it. I'm glad to hear of the new 6.6 gas HD but based on the new 1500 I know I'll be looking at all of them very closely in a couple years whe nI replace mine.

48 minutes ago, magnum74 said:

I like the Trailboss, Custom and I also like that you can outfit a WT with most tech options now including a Trailboss lift. In my humble opinion a WT with the Z71 and tech add on's is probably the only model that really goes head to head with the others comparables. I don't hate the truck and I am really starting to like the looks of the Silverado but they have'nt done anything to make me feel like running out and buying one. It's obvious they're going for profit over choice. It's probably good for GM but not great for the consumer who wants to outfit a truck to their liking. I don't know what to think of it. I'm glad to hear of the new 6.6 gas HD but based on the new 1500 I know I'll be looking at all of them very closely in a couple years whe nI replace mine.

Yes great news on the new hd gas motor. The 6.0 has been last in every segment for years now. 

3 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Yes great news on the new hd gas motor. The 6.0 has been last in every segment for years now. 

Do those segments include reliability and durability?  A 2500 Chevy with a 6.0 is one great truck if you really need a truck.  Sure a Duramax has a lot of power but if you don’t need a diesel or can’t afford the price tag, and/or  live in the northern states were diesels don’t like cold the old 6.0 is a great motor.  

• Like 3

On 10/30/2018 at 5:22 PM, manley said:

Thats why I canceled my order back in January and bought the 2018. Im not owning one of those trucks. 

On 11/1/2018 at 4:57 PM, DMT6 said:

I have a 17, it's the first new Chevy I have purchased at 47 years old. I bought it after owning 6 or 7 new Toyota's. I bought because I loved the look of the truck. So far it's been a okay truck but it seems like I've had a bunch of little issues and the service departments I have been to suck at best. I looked at the new body style yesterday while at the dealer having some warranty work done. There okay but I won't be buying one.

What kind of issues have you been having with your 2017?

9 hours ago, Saskquatch said:

Running dependable for years now....

Yeah wish that would translate to real world sales as dodge and ford dominate the commercial truck market. But what do commercials guys know 

9 hours ago, robjamber said:

What kind of issues have you been having with your 2017?

The shutter grill located behind the grill was not working properly and causing a check engine light. Nothing major but leave to a dealership to turn a 15 minute repair into a 3 day, 3 trip project. They finally got it replaced last Friday.