I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

On 10/31/2018 at 7:01 PM, DTB said:

A few minor tweaks and they would be much better. If the world can complain enough to make GM do an emergency refresh on the 19 Camaro, I’d say anything is possible.

3E7A9751-35C4-4590-B4D4-FE5D666F13D3.jpeg

693C5ABA-3832-4605-8D9A-0615FE188E67.jpeg

13F192F3-9A93-4ABB-8F2E-C04CCF0FE54D.jpeg

MUCH better on the silverado.

2 hours ago, StevenStarke said:

guy complains about 19 silverado, buys an 18 ford which looks extremely similar, lol

It’s a good thing America is land of the free. Everyone spends their money differently. And sorry the gm and ford don’t look alike. 

On 11/6/2018 at 8:47 AM, StevenStarke said:

guy complains about 19 silverado, buys an 18 ford which looks extremely similar, lol

I don't see any similarity at all, here... sorry.

I will say this:  the '15-'17 ford F-150 front ends did not look right.  Ford fixed it in '18, and it looks 100X better than before!

Capture.JPG

On 11/6/2018 at 8:47 AM, StevenStarke said:

100% agree.

Why wouldn't the OP seek out an 18 for significant savings?

On 10/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, manley said:

Folks, I've owned GM trucks for 25 years: a '93 GMC stepside regular cab, a '97 Chevy stepside regular cab Z-71, an '07 Silverado extended cab Z-71, and a '10 Silverado extended cab Z-71.  These new trucks are, quite frankly, the butt-ugliest thing that I've ever seen on the road.  I've loved all the GM trucks I've owned, but I recently pulled the trigger on an '18 F-150 SCREW XLT with the ecoboost 3.5 and FX-4 package.  I'm not in love with the new Ford yet (and honestly wish I'd never traded my '10 Silverado), but I'm REALLY glad that I didn't buy a new Silverado or Sierra. What the hell were they thinking - or smoking - when they designed these things?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. Whether YOU think it's ugly or not doesn't matter. Plenty of folks like them and I'm sure even some current Ford owners like the looks of the new GM T1's..

BTW... The 18's (K2) are still production and readily available. 

Edited by Loco-diablo
  • Like 1

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but I must have bad eyes. I just haven’t warmed up to the new styling. I’m leasing a 2017 and will need to make a decision next year. I’m leaning to keeping mine. It’s nothing special. 5.3L SLE with a few options (adjustable pedals, power rear window, bed lighting, power driver and heated front seats) but it’s been a nice truck. If I went new today I’d look at Silverado. I can’t get past the wheel wells on the new GMC. My OCD kicks in I guess. 

Honestly though, for the cost of a new truck (lease or buy) I don’t know that the gains in features justify the expense. A few tasty mods to my 2017 and I’d have a nice truck for hopefully many years. 

On 11/7/2018 at 8:15 AM, manley said:

I don't see any similarity at all, here... sorry.

I will say this:  the '15-'17 ford F-150 front ends did not look right.  Ford fixed it in '18, and it looks 100X better than before!

Capture.JPG

100% agreed the 18 F150 front end looks bad ass 

On 11/8/2018 at 7:05 AM, JacobC1983 said:

The front end of the Silverado still looks much better than the ford in my humble opinion. 

Yes I agree here as well. Sierra headlights and overall car not liking. And I’ve had 3 sierras 

• Like 1