I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

I like the front end head on. The side view looks like a Tundra to me. Looking from the back is ok. I was definitely disappointed with the interior as it just looks slightly better than the previous generation, except the fonts are a step backwards in my opinion. Also don’t quite understand the same horsepower and torque?? Also the fuel mileage isn’t any better?  Hopefully the transmissions are better. My 2018 8 speed sucks...

Gas mileage is slightly better since it uses a different cylinder deactivation system.. instead of going down to 4 cylinders, it goes down to 1.. and EPA numbers show worse gas mileage for the 2019 year. Don't ask me why.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, DougFL said:

Sometimes it is Good to be in the minority and I think there are a lot of us!  I have gotten Numerous compliments from total strangers on how much they like my "Hideous" truck.

Same here tons of compliments on my 19.

• Like 1

I bought a custom trail boss because imo the front end is way better looking then the upper trim levels. Pissed no more HIDs(came from a 2016 Silverado) I drove both truck one with the 8 speed. I HATED it. Hard shifts and it was always confused. My 6 speed shifts great. Way better then my 16. 

I am just going off the mpg gauge but right now im getting between 17-18 mpg. half highway, half stop and go. My 16 I would struggle to reach 16mpg. I also know its better because they have they same size tank and as of now I only use around half a tank to commute to work every week. My last truck I would use about 5/8th. Keeping the truck around 70 on the highway seems to be where I get the best. 

I'd be curious the demographic of those that hate the look of the 2019s. I like the look and I guess it makes sense because everyone said it looks like a camaro front. Once the 2010 camaro was released I knew I had to have one and bought a new 2011 camaro two years after graduating from college.

My camaro is long gone after kid #1 came about and now that kid #2 is here I'm looking for a vehicle that can fit both of them. I was always eyeing the Colorado since its cheaper and 2020 Colorado should be the mid-cycle refresh. Once the 2019 Silverado photos were released I had a similar reaction to the 2010 camaro being release... I knew I had to get it.

To each his own, but to me this Silverado looks awesome.

• Like 2

I own a CTB Z71,I absolutely love the looks of it and it does not get old. I can care less what anyone thinks of it,I purchased it for me! On that note I cannot go anywhere without someone complimenting on it.Best looking truck I have ever seen from the factory!

Keith

Edited by K455
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, manley said:

Folks, I've owned GM trucks for 25 years: a '93 GMC stepside regular cab, a '97 Chevy stepside regular cab Z-71, an '07 Silverado extended cab Z-71, and a '10 Silverado extended cab Z-71.  These new trucks are, quite frankly, the butt-ugliest thing that I've ever seen on the road.  I've loved all the GM trucks I've owned, but I recently pulled the trigger on an '18 F-150 SCREW XLT with the ecoboost 3.5 and FX-4 package.  I'm not in love with the new Ford yet (and honestly wish I'd never traded my '10 Silverado), but I'm REALLY glad that I didn't buy a new Silverado or Sierra. What the hell were they thinking - or smoking - when they designed these things?

I respect your opinion, but totally disagree,  I held off for 14 years because I though the late 07 thru 18 were the ugliest ever, never cared for the flared out front fenders or that stupid looking crease above the fenders on the later models.  As for the 150,  I really don't like those much either but I did seriously consider a f250 before buying my sierra, just couldn't justify the 10K heavier price for less options, oh and it wouldn't fit in my garage either...

• Like 1

I bought a 19 mostly due to the revised look both inside and out. Wasn't a fan of the previous generation nor the look of Ford's, Ram, or Toyota. I haven't owned a truck in 20yrs. To me the 19 looks aggressive and muscular and tough. This new gen speaks to me and I speak back, lol.

IMG_20190413_073945.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hated (there are still posts on here) the GMT900 when they were unveiled in 2006.  With that said I owned a GMT900 for almost 10 yrs now.  About 08/09 I started really liking them seeing them on the road and whatnot.  

I really like the new style seems to be a mix of the 900 and K1 trucks.  

Not everyone will like the appearance.  People seem to love the new mega screen in the dodge interior, IMO i hate it and wouldnt even consider buying a dodge.

Buy what you like ? I owned a Honda Ridgleine for 11 years. It was ugly, and I received many a razzing from my friends, but that vehicle never gave me a bit of trouble in 11 years. When I traded it in, they gave me 11k for it.  I wouldn’t worry about what is or is not ugly. To each is own. ?

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, manley said:

Folks, I've owned GM trucks for 25 years: a '93 GMC stepside regular cab, a '97 Chevy stepside regular cab Z-71, an '07 Silverado extended cab Z-71, and a '10 Silverado extended cab Z-71.  These new trucks are, quite frankly, the butt-ugliest thing that I've ever seen on the road.  I've loved all the GM trucks I've owned, but I recently pulled the trigger on an '18 F-150 SCREW XLT with the ecoboost 3.5 and FX-4 package.  I'm not in love with the new Ford yet (and honestly wish I'd never traded my '10 Silverado), but I'm REALLY glad that I didn't buy a new Silverado or Sierra. What the hell were they thinking - or smoking - when they designed these things?

Looks are subjective. Enjoy your Ford. 

• Like 1