I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

52 minutes ago, econometrics said:

A good friend of mine has a 2017 Raptor and is a Ford dude. He saw my 2019 RST in person yesterday and would not stop talking about how great it looks. ????

Yeah, I get plenty of F150 drivers breaking their necks to look when I’m out and about. I’ve always thought the current F150 is a great looking truck too, but the T1s are just so distinctive and special right now. 

I’ll be really sad when there’s a lot more of these on the road because I’m really digging the perks of having the first one in my town. Yeah, you put up with some bugs along the way but it’s worth it.

I’ll be the first to admit I wasn’t immediately in love with the T1’s looks but seeing them in person and reacting to photos online are two different things. I think they hit it out of the park. They were criticized for two generations for not doing enough in the redesigns. This time you can tell the effort was there to do something different. Even if it’s not to your tastes you have to give credit to GM for taking a risk.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Yeah, I get plenty of F150 drivers breaking their necks to look when I’m out and about. I’ve always thought the current F150 is a great looking truck too, but the T1s are just so distinctive and special right now. 

I’ll be really sad when there’s a lot more of these on the road because I’m really digging the perks of having the first one in my town. Yeah, you put up with some bugs along the way but it’s worth it.

I’ll be the first to admit I wasn’t immediately in love with the T1’s looks but seeing them in person and reacting to photos online are two different things. I think they hit it out of the park. They were criticized for two generations for not doing enough in the redesigns. This time you can tell the effort was there to do something different. Even if it’s not to your tastes you have to give credit to GM for taking a risk.

There’s a 2014 F-150 parked across the street from my house right now. I was looking at it today realizing how little Ford has changed their design in 5 years. And from what I’ve seen of the 2020 F-150s, they will play it safe and evolutionary again. Too bad. I agree with you that I’m very glad to own a ‘19 Silverado. Like you said, being up and close with one in person makes a huge difference. It’s a great looking truck! 

Took me 12 years to finally see an updated Silverado that I thought was truly worth it to upgrade from my 2007. That was the last year GM really changed the model big time... until this year with the T1. 

I agree that it stinks now that I see 2-3 per day on the road. It was fun having one of the few new ones around as an early adopter. ?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, econometrics said:

There’s a 2014 F-150 parked across the street from my house right now. I was looking at it today realizing how little Ford has changed their design in 5 years. And from what I’ve seen of the 2020 F-150s, they will play it safe and evolutionary again. Too bad. I agree with you that I’m very glad to own a ‘19 Silverado. Like you said, being up and close with one in person makes a huge difference. It’s a great looking truck! 

Took me 12 years to finally see an updated Silverado that I thought was truly worth it to upgrade from my 2007. That was the last year GM really changed the model big time... until this year with the T1. 

I agree that it stinks now that I see 2-3 per day on the road. It was fun having one of the few new ones around as an early adopter. ?

I agree, 2007 was revolutionary from where it was at that time. 2014 was a modernized and updated version of the 900. T1 went hard on this update!

• Like 1

I hated the first one I saw pictures of, loved the first one I saw in person. I get o lot more positive comments on this truck than any vehicle I have ever owned.

I just love the way mine looks.  I think they nailed the design from just about any angle. 

Only thing that is "wrong" with the stock look is the 265/65 R18 golfcart tires on my Z71 look ridiculously small, but that's an easy fix.

Edited by Limelight

2 minutes ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Hope you got the heated tailgate to keep your hands warm while your pushing that piece of shit Ford to the recycling center...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WOW! :nono:

On 10/30/2018 at 6:22 PM, manley said:

Folks, I've owned GM trucks for 25 years: a '93 GMC stepside regular cab, a '97 Chevy stepside regular cab Z-71, an '07 Silverado extended cab Z-71, and a '10 Silverado extended cab Z-71.  These new trucks are, quite frankly, the butt-ugliest thing that I've ever seen on the road.  I've loved all the GM trucks I've owned, but I recently pulled the trigger on an '18 F-150 SCREW XLT with the ecoboost 3.5 and FX-4 package.  I'm not in love with the new Ford yet (and honestly wish I'd never traded my '10 Silverado), but I'm REALLY glad that I didn't buy a new Silverado or Sierra. What the hell were they thinking - or smoking - when they designed these things?

An admin should block this troll and/or remove this thread.

1 hour ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Hope you got the heated tailgate to keep your hands warm while your pushing that piece of shit Ford to the recycling center...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You mad bro ? You sound really emotional. Lol ? 

On 4/28/2019 at 8:26 AM, Limelight said:

I just love the way mine looks.  I think they nailed the design from just about any angle. 

Only thing that is "wrong" with the stock look is the 265/65 R18 golfcart tires on my Z71 look ridiculously small, but that's an easy fix.

Antman?? If so, you going to mod this one like the 4R?

• Like 1

I like the 2019 but i really think the 2016-2018 trucks are the sexiest Silverado of all time 

I also love the interior of these models over the old 

After driving in a 2016 for 3yrs now I don’t think I could ever go back to a older model with no wifi or data monitoring 

i drove a friends 2007 Silverado that was loaded and I still felt bored lol

25 minutes ago, 04SierraSLT said:

Antman?? If so, you going to mod this one like the 4R?

LOL, yeah this is me.  The name was taken on here apparently.

I doubt I will go as far as the 4Runner but a small lift/tires are in the works.  I've already done some small stuff...

Who's this from T4R?

10 hours ago, Limelight said:

LOL, yeah this is me.  The name was taken on here apparently.

I doubt I will go as far as the 4Runner but a small lift/tires are in the works.  I've already done some small stuff...

Who's this from T4R?

Damn, was looking for 50 pages of innovative DIY mods...lol

T4RNewbie

• Haha 1