I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

Wow!!  It appears that GM partnered with Nissan and Toyota in order to come up with this disturbing design.  In my mind, the new Chevys do NOT look American.  They look like trucks ready to debut in a lame European film. 

I agree 100% with Manley. The new Chevrolet trucks are amazingly hideous, in appearance.  My dad and I have owned GM trucks for years and we have loved all of them.  Normally the styling is top notch—NOT this time though.  I would NEVER buy one of these new trucks just based on the looks alone!

These new trucks will absolutely never ever grow on me!  What on gods green earth was GM thinking when they designed these things????  There is nothing attractive about them at all.  I do not care what anyone does to these trucks whether it is a lift, wheels and tires, aftermarket lights, etc., the appearance of these trucks cannot be improved!!

The front does not even look like a pick up truck.  What on earth is with that band that spans across the entire grill?  Also, why on earth are the headlights so small and set so high?  And, no bow tie?  

The mirrors are awful and clunky looking. They look like they belong on a John Deere rather than a pick up truck.  The wheel wells look like they are not sure what shape they’re supposed to be, square or round?  Personally, I always felt that the square wheel wells were a great look for Chevy.

The bedsides, to me, are entirely too ill-defined.  They look bulbous, hence contributing to the foreign vehicle appearance.

The tail lights, also leave a lot to be desired. They look like they belong on a Toyota or Nissan.  

Unfortunately, the back of the truck looks about as bad as the front of the truck.  To me, the logos and body lines sit entirely too high on the tailgate giving it a very top-heavy appearance.  The high setting body lines on the front and rear of the truck remind me of the old Pontiac SUVS which remind me of a tent, in appearance.  Due to the high setting body lines, these new trucks appear as if they would easily tip over while going around a turn. 

If I were to design this truck, it would look very American and would look like a Chevrolet.  I am happy to help GM with the redesign and I would do it for free, lol.   One thing is for certain, the truck would NOT look like a Nissan, Toyota or Isuzu.  I can guarantee that!!!!

M40

as soon as I saw the new 19 I loved it, they cant stay same forever.....everyone was hating on new 19 but I still thought it was best looking looking 1/2 ton on market....wasn't huge fan of 18 model with square wheel wells and really it looked same way chevys have looked forever....now it seems a lot more are getting used to or adjusting, took me only one glance.....

• Like 1

Wow!!  It appears that GM partnered with Nissan and Toyota in order to come up with this disturbing design.  In my mind, the new Chevys do NOT look American.  They look like trucks ready to debut in a lame European film. 

I agree 100% with Manley. The new Chevrolet trucks are amazingly hideous, in appearance.  My dad and I have owned GM trucks for years and we have loved all of them.  Normally the styling is top notch—NOT this time though.  I would NEVER buy one of these new trucks just based on the looks alone!

These new trucks will absolutely never ever grow on me!  What on gods green earth was GM thinking when they designed these things????  There is nothing attractive about them at all.  I do not care what anyone does to these trucks whether it is a lift, wheels and tires, aftermarket lights, etc., the appearance of these trucks cannot be improved!!

The front does not even look like a pick up truck.  What on earth is with that band that spans across the entire grill?  Also, why on earth are the headlights so small and set so high?  And, no bow tie?  

The mirrors are awful and clunky looking. They look like they belong on a John Deere rather than a pick up truck.  The wheel wells look like they are not sure what shape they’re supposed to be, square or round?  Personally, I always felt that the square wheel wells were a great look for Chevy.

The bedsides, to me, are entirely too ill-defined.  They look bulbous, hence contributing to the foreign vehicle appearance.

The tail lights, also leave a lot to be desired. They look like they belong on a Toyota or Nissan.  

Unfortunately, the back of the truck looks about as bad as the front of the truck.  To me, the logos and body lines sit entirely too high on the tailgate giving it a very top-heavy appearance.  The high setting body lines on the front and rear of the truck remind me of the old Pontiac SUVS which remind me of a tent, in appearance.  Due to the high setting body lines, these new trucks appear as if they would easily tip over while going around a turn. 

If I were to design this truck, it would look very American and would look like a Chevrolet.  I am happy to help GM with the redesign and I would do it for free, lol.   One thing is for certain, the truck would NOT look like a Nissan, Toyota or Isuzu.  I can guarantee that!!!!

M40

Buy a f—-king Ford then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

To each their own...

Just bout a 2020 AT4 last November at absolutely LOVE this truck, especially the front grill and how it looks. All I have gotten are comments of how great looking my truck is.

To each their own...

• Like 2

I have both a 2018 and a 2019 and I like the new body style better.  Especially the LT Trail Boss in red, with the blacked out front.  If you prefer the 15 year old look, get the Ford.  It's a great truck, nothing wrong with it.  Looks are completely subjective...

• Like 2

What a post, Hideous? I don't see any big difference between the two.....both look like modern trucks.

You want a big difference? The difference is in the headlamps.......previous gen two stinking HID bulb projector lenses with mechanical shutters to chop off the top of a high beam to synthesize a low beam...........compare with new gen six high output CREE LEDs, 4 on low beam; all 6 on high beam......that's the difference worth going '19+.

DSCN0063.thumb.JPG.8452e330ae0a05f25762793279af281b.JPGDSCN0697.JPG.9200a8ff5136c3c29518e991831a76fa.JPG

On 1/7/2020 at 8:56 PM, M40 said:

M40

The custom doesn't have a bowtie, all the other models of silverado do.

I'll admit when I first saw the new silverado I wasn't sure about it. But now I think they look really sharp. I sold my 07 F150 for my new LT and love it.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:06 PM, Wiggums said:

Gas mileage is slightly better since it uses a different cylinder deactivation system.. instead of going down to 4 cylinders, it goes down to 1.. and EPA numbers show worse gas mileage for the 2019 year. Don't ask me why.

I believe the lowest they go down to is 2 cylinders.  The video I saw said that theoretically it could go down to 1 cylinder but the engine would be unbalanced thus causing vibrations or something like that.  

Also I did not like the front end's of the '19's when I was first shopping around.  Was looking for my first pickup ever (I am 30 years old) and liked the last generation trucks better initially.  Went to the dealer and bought a 2019 Z71 LT Texas Edtion 4X4.  Salesman told me I would get used to the look.  He was right.  I love it.  I always wanted a Chevy and I'm happy I have it.  The design grew on me.  

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but one thing is certain, come 2021 a '19 Silverado LD will look exactly like a 5 year old '16 Silverado and a new '19 Silverado will look like a brand new '21 Silverado. And at that time Kelley Blue Book values will judge which is uglier......and nothing like a C note to make even Ben Franklin look like  a stud.

This new gen "ugly" envy is nothing new. I can still remember the arguments between two of my uncles, one who bought a leftover '58 Impala and the other who spent $75 more for the drastically wider, longer, lower '59 Impala with "ugly"eyebrow directionals on the front and owl eye taillights and fins on the back. In '60 Chevy flattened the fins but the demand for the Impala didn't and the uncle's '58 was soon on the used car lot.

The looks of the new 2019-20 T1's are what drove me back to the brand; I think they look awesome! Expecially the new Trail Boss LT without all that gawd awful chrome. To each their own, and taste is subjective. For every customer lost with the new look, probably 2 or 3 are gained.