I'm sorry, but they're just hideous!

manley

7 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Wellllll. Not this last year anyway as The Silverado took a big hit in sales. People hate on Ram but they hit a grand slam.  And sales numbers prove it.  

They were down 2.5%, it's not that big. Plus, GM noted that Q4 deliveries were off by 17% due to the strike. That's a big number. Also, GMC sales were up almost 6%. I think we've seen quite a few Chevy guys move over to the GMC... especially to the AT4, which was clearly a major home run model for GM in 2019. 

There's no doubt RAM has eaten up the sales margins, though. I think that's less from Ford and GM buyers moving to RAM (though that is happening, of course), and more of the other trucks (Tundra, Titan, etc.) moving into the RAM. 

Also, we all know RAM's 2019 sales #s were greatly influenced by them selling crazily-discounted old body style trucks as the 2019 "LD". This was smart of them, honestly, and they are still doing it. 

Time will tell if the RAM discount-your-way-to-the-top-of-sales approach works for actual profitability. Kudos to them for a nice new truck and a big year. 

Edited by econometrics
  • Like 2

And on that note, I have a friend who owns a 2018 RAM. I parked my 2019 RST outside his office the other day, and one of the first things he asked me was how I liked my Silverado. He said he just loves the styling on it, and couldn't take his eyes of it. Lol! 

Another friend of mine feels the same way about my truck, but bought a Tundra because the GM dealer couldn't get him what he wanted on a lease on a Silverado, even though he thinks it's the best looking truck he's seen in many years. 

There's much more to sales than just "oh that new design is ugly" or "I love that design!". 

• Like 1

I have owned a 05 Chevy and just have enough money to buy a new truck. I was so anxious to finally buy one. Then they came out with this ugly truck. I am so upset. I really wanted a new Chevy but can’t imagine buying one of these. I hope Chevy is listening because I will be going elsewhere if they don’t come up with a different option quick. So disappointed. 

I have owned a 05 Chevy and just have enough money to buy a new truck. I was so anxious to finally buy one. Then they came out with this ugly truck. I am so upset. I really wanted a new Chevy but can’t imagine buying one of these. I hope Chevy is listening because I will be going elsewhere if they don’t come up with a different option quick. So disappointed. 

Well, Chevy has life-long Ford owners that finally came to them because their trucks don’t look like crap, so there’s that.

I’ve had an 05, 08, 11, 13, 17, 19 Silverado. Honestly i think the 17 and 19 are the best looking by FAAAAAAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/13/2020 at 12:44 AM, f8l vnm said:

Wellllll. Not this last year anyway as The Silverado took a big hit in sales. People hate on Ram but they hit a grand slam.  And sales numbers prove it.  

GM combined outsold the F-Series line in Q3 2019. That's the first time that's happened in several years. Sierra sales are on fire, the Silverado, not so much. There are bright spots for the T1 and GM though. 

The Ram is a nice truck. It's not my cup of tea, but it's a nice truck nonetheless. They have received a lot of attention and praise from the automotive media, couple that with generous discounts and it's not a big surprise those trucks are moving off the lots. They do have some cool stuff you can't get on anything else as well, like cooled rear seats and the Ram Box. The interior is without a doubt class-leading, and is probably what ended up selling a lot of those Rams. GM really better get it right with the 2021 update, or Ram is going to start to pull away from Chevy. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

GM combined outsold the F-Series line in Q3 2019. That's the first time that's happened in several years. Sierra sales are on fire, the Silverado, not so much. There are bright spots for the T1 and GM though. 

The Ram is a nice truck. It's not my cup of tea, but it's a nice truck nonetheless. They have received a lot of attention and praise from the automotive media, couple that with generous discounts and it's not a big surprise those trucks are moving off the lots. They do have some cool stuff you can't get on anything else as well, like cooled rear seats and the Ram Box. The interior is without a doubt class-leading, and is probably what ended up selling a lot of those Rams. GM really better get it right with the 2021 update, or Ram is going to start to pull away from Chevy. 

The 2021 T1 Trucks are identical to the 19  and 20's . Zero change but more sticker packages. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 8:23 AM, econometrics said:

There's no doubt RAM has eaten up the sales margins, though. I think that's less from Ford and GM buyers moving to RAM (though that is happening, of course), and more of the other trucks (Tundra, Titan, etc.) moving into the RAM. 

From my experience there's a lot of die-hard GM/Ford guys who would never drive the other brand. However, both of those groups are willing to consider Ram. It's sort of a neutral third party that's still a big beefy American truck.

I've also noticed the new Ram seems to be the most popular with first time truck buyers, which considering the tremendous brand loyalty with trucks is a smart move by FCA. 

Edited by Mandalorian

Ram also has the best ride due to the optional Coil springs, the new Barn door tailgate which is really helpful , the big moon-roof , they are now on par with the Ford in terms of safety ratings . Looks is subjective but your right , the interior is what brought people over .. I look at my 2019 Denali interior and im like really ?? this is best we could do ? 

2 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

The 2021 T1 Trucks are identical to the 19  and 20's . Zero change but more sticker packages. 

There's a pretty substantial interior update that's supposed to be coming for 2021. 

And let’s not forget that  Fiat/Chrysler are in hot water over inflated sales numbers so who knows how much of those ram sales are true.  Me personally when I decided to buy a truck I bought the mid sized Colorado and planned on keeping it till the wheels fell off but then after 2 years of owning it the dealers were begging me to trade it in to them so I moved up to the Silverado and personally I would of never considered a ram of a f150 I don’t like fords styling and ram is not my cup of tea too many reliability issues. You can say I’m a brand loyalist every vehicle I’ve owned but one has been a Chevy the one that wasn’t was a ford and my first car. I love the look of the new Silverado’s the dealership had some steels on the 19LD but I told them if I traded in the Colorado it only would be for the new body style 

1 hour ago, jlong1984 said:

There's a pretty substantial interior update that's supposed to be coming for 2021. 

I doubt it , unless maybe they upgrade the LTZ's?  But again i doubt it . 2021 will ride the same and then i think 2022 will be changed along with maybe a new Electric Silvy we have been hearing .  

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/01/2021-chevy-silverado-realtree-edition/

• Like 2