2018 Silverado Leveling Kit Dilemma

Just bought a 2018 Crew Cab Silverado and was looking into leveling kits. In my 2014 I had before I used a Ready Lift 2.25" leveling kit and was more than pleased with it, no issues at all. When I went to buy another kit from them, I noticed Ready Lift includes new upper control arms because the stamped one on the new Silverados are not strong enough to be considered reliable with a level. When I bought the truck, the dealer offered to install a Pro Comp 2.25" leveling kit but said they would not be changing the control arms and just adding the spacers. They also said it would be covered under the GM warranty only if I used their Pro Comp kit. Should I be concerned about the UCAs being too weak with their kit? I like the idea of keeping the warranty on all of the parts but don't want to create an unsafe situation.

1 hour ago, StayInYourLayne said:

Just bought a 2018 Crew Cab Silverado and was looking into leveling kits. In my 2014 I had before I used a Ready Lift 2.25" leveling kit and was more than pleased with it, no issues at all. When I went to buy another kit from them, I noticed Ready Lift includes new upper control arms because the stamped one on the new Silverados are not strong enough to be considered reliable with a level. When I bought the truck, the dealer offered to install a Pro Comp 2.25" leveling kit but said they would not be changing the control arms and just adding the spacers. They also said it would be covered under the GM warranty only if I used their Pro Comp kit. Should I be concerned about the UCAs being too weak with their kit? I like the idea of keeping the warranty on all of the parts but don't want to create an unsafe situation.

Have the dealer do it. And if the wheels fall off, they owe you a new truck

From what I've read it has to do with the ball joint popping out of the stamped control arm with too much lift. Not sure what the max is.

There may be rubbing issues. I installed a 1.5" with the stamped control arms and get minor rubbing on the control arms at full lock. Higher than that I'd imagine more rubbing. I have stock 20c wheels and tires.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk