T1 6.2 letdown?

9 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

Makes sense to me. 2014 6.2 (6 spd) 0-60 is 5.4. 2015+ 6.2 (8spd) 0-60 is 5.7. 19's with the 10 spd will be skipping gears? Takes longer to make the shift.

While that is a valid point in going from the 6 spd to 8 spd because there is one extra shift from 2nd to 3rd at about 58 mph, there is no extra shift from the 8spd to the 10spd. The 10 spd is not shifting into 4th before 60 mph. Both the 8 spd and 10 spd hit 60 in 3rd gear.

My 2016 6.2 with the 8speed Denali hauls the Mail. Standard bed with 4x4 to boot.  Interesting though it does not like me launching the car. So I always just mash it off the line. My 2014. 6 speed 6.2 Sierra allowed me to launch. Anyway I still feel like the 2016 is quicker. I have a few fun stories :)  I’ve also pulled my buddies short bed CC 4x2 slt 5.3 2018 Sierra with 3;42 pretty nicely and his other car which is a 2016 BMW X5 with V6 T.  A few things to point out. The Ram comes with 3:92 which is bad ass and helps acceleration. He Nissan 5.6 v8 have always ran hard but I was also surprised seeing how the Nissan is probably 5800+ lbs 

19 hours ago, lt1z said:

What a bunch of whiny bitches. Have any of you speculators actually driven a T1 6.2? Or even a K2 6.2 for that matter? I feel like the comments are all coming from the GMT 800 crowd.

I own a black bear tuned k2 6.2

I had a t1 denali for 24hours as a loaner, I did many many WOT pulls with the new truck.

The new truck does not feel slow. It feels a little quicker than the stock k2 6.2 because I believe they addressed the god aweful throttle tuning with the new truck.

If you know how to launch these trucks, there is no way in hell it’s losing to any stock truck except a raptor and maybe a 5.0 10sp f-150.

Edited by truckguy82

10 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

While that is a valid point in going from the 6 spd to 8 spd because there is one extra shift from 2nd to 3rd at about 58 mph, there is no extra shift from the 8spd to the 10spd. The 10 spd is not shifting into 4th before 60 mph. Both the 8 spd and 10 spd hit 60 in 3rd gear.

The extra gears do not make vehicles slower, jt only makes gm trucks slower.

Look at ford, their new 10 speed which was amazingly co-designed with GM is a straight killer. They are unbelievable. Just look at how fast the new mustangs and trucks are with the 5.0/10speed.

Drive a c7 vette with the 6l80 and then the 8l90, the 8l90 will crush it.

The only vehicles that somehow get slower when they have more gears is GM trucks.

Edited by truckguy82

27 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

I had a t1 denali for 24hours as a loaner, I did many many WOT pulls with the new truck.

The new truck does not feel slow. It feels a little quicker than the stock k2 6.2 because I believe they addressed the god aweful throttle tuning with the new truck.

If you know how to launch these trucks, there is no way in hell it’s losing to any stock truck except a raptor and maybe a 5.0 10sp f-150.

How do you launch them?

10 spd>8 spd given the same power and rear gear.