I noticed, last night, that there is almost NO difference between my LOWs and my HIGHs.  The HIGHs on my '18 SUCK!!!!  The HIGHs on my '15 would shine about a mile down the road, or so it seemed.  Nonetheless, my '15 would really light up the road for quite some distance down the road.  HELP?!!!!!!

My 17 high beams shine too high rather then sideways.  They are in the trees.  There's no moose in the trees.

Jim

22 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

I noticed, last night, that there is almost NO difference between my LOWs and my HIGHs.  The HIGHs on my '18 SUCK!!!!  The HIGHs on my '15 would shine about a mile down the road, or so it seemed.  Nonetheless, my '15 would really light up the road for quite some distance down the road.  HELP?!!!!!!

Screenshot_20181102-221333_Amazon.jpg

The original I think are only 25w they also make a 35w you could try them

I have a '16 LTZ with the all LED factory lights and there seem to be virtually no difference between lo and high beams on the open highway. If I'm right in front of a building, then yeah, I can see that they project a little higher, but again on an open road......nothing. 

• Like 1

Don't waste your money on expensive new bulbs. I did, no difference. It's the projection set up in the headlight housing. The bulbs make little difference ,IMO 

• Like 1

Yes its the projectors :( upgraded bulbs are brighter whiter etc but dont  throw farther down road I upgraded to Moromitos 35w. Brighter but high beam is not farther  

23 hours ago, jagabom said:

My 17 high beams shine too high rather then sideways.  They are in the trees.  There's no moose in the trees.

Jim

Mine too.  Really annoying to have my high beams converge to a spot about 30-40 yards from the truck and 10 feet off the ground.

add a light bar, problem solved.
Exactly! Rough Country hidden light bar. I love it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, texasaggies16 said:

add a light bar, problem solved.

4 hours ago, amused2deth said:

Exactly! Rough Country hidden light bar. I love it!

Yeah, I’m looking at adding a 30” single row light bar behind the grill, or a few 6” light bars in the lower grill openings. 

Osram NightBreaker Laser bulbs - the European %150 brighter versions. About $45 a set. For the H11 and HB3 sets in my projectors. They are tits. Hands down the best bulbs I’ve had in this truck.

i am also a huge fan of the Rough Country curved 30 inch single row (blackout) LED light bar. Installed behind the grille. It is a great addition, very discreet and comes with ALL the hardware and wiring for a correct, professional install. - It’s easy. The only difficult part is feeding the wiring through the firewall boot. 

A first timer can can do this install alone. It’s that comprehensive and straightforward. Five star product in my book.

• Like 2

Unfortunately it seems the Rough Country hidden lightbar isn’t compatible with the Active Grill Shutters.

Unfortunately it seems the Rough Country hidden lightbar isn’t compatible with the Active Grill Shutters.
Active grill shutters? I'm gonna have to check it out.