Instant access to mirrors auto tilt and auto dim

Hi,,

I am a new member and I am glad to have joined this forum.  I have a 2018 Tahoe Premier and I tried to get answers to my questions but I couldn't find any..

1) The vehicle has a feature to auto tilt mirrors on reverse , and it is good feature, but how can I disable the feature (just for a few second i.e. switching back and forth instantaneously ) without going through the in-dash screen?  The mirrors are too small and tilting them make it hard to see obstacles behind, although they are good to see side walk edges.  I knew that the mirrors have a time frame and it will auto raise to original position even while gear is still on reverse.

2) Is there a way to switch off auto dimming for the mirrors (just for a few second i.e. switching back and forth as well)?

Thanks to all

7 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Unfortunately the answer to both questions is, no. The tilt feature is either on or off, and the dimming feature is fixed without the ability to over ride it.

That’s what I thought..

I think I have to live with it and get used to it I guess,

Thank you Jim