2015 Sierra Hard Brake Pedal???

UPDATE:

So, I took my truck to my local GM dealer and they found a code thrown and are replacing my vacuum pump as we speak!

FOR FREE. 

GM has put a bulletin out on 14-17 GMC/Chevy 1500 trucks about low-speed brake failure. Can't find it anywhere but its a thing.  I'm sure it has to do with the lawsuits that GM has going on. Anyway, worth calling your dealer and having them run your VIN.

UPDATE:

So, I took my truck to my local GM dealer and they found a code thrown and are replacing my vacuum pump as we speak!

FOR FREE. 

GM has put a bulletin out on 14-17 GMC/Chevy 1500 trucks about low-speed brake failure. Can't find it anywhere but its a thing.  I'm sure it has to do with the lawsuits that GM has going on. Anyway, worth calling your dealer and having them run your VIN.

I just received the letter in the mail last Friday. It says they’ll warranty this issue within 6 years from new or 72,000 miles, whichever comes first. They’ll also reimburse any owners who previously had the issue already repaired.

• 2 years later...

I was backing my boat down the ramp when my brake pedal got hard and stopped working. I was able to get it all stopped just in time and only went in up to my tailgate. Thank god no one was hurt. I found the recall for the hard brake pedal issue on line, called Penske Cadillac to set up the recall service and brought my 2017 Z71 LTZ with 6.2 in for the recall service. Was told that the recall was only to reprogram it so the brakes would still work with the low vac pressure caused by the faulty vac booster pump. They said this would take at least 3 to 5 hours. 1.5hrs later Penske said that they did the reprogramming and that I needed a new Vac booster pump and belt for just under $1000.00. GM knows that the pump is junk and doesn’t fix the safety issue unless we pay a grand. Way to go GM, you sure know how to get rid of loyal customers. By the way, the pump and belt cost $260 and took me 1hr to install. They wanted $600 labor for that 1hr of work SMH. It’s not that I can’t afford it, it’s just the point. I’m pretty sure my next truck will be a Tesla, not a Chevy or GMC even though my last 4 trucks were GM. My next car will be a Tesla too, even though my last 4 were Cadillacs. GM wants loyalty from us and show us no loyalty. When you know you have a problem part that could, and has caused accidents you should replace it and not try to up sell loyal customers. I was looking to turn in my XTS and get a new LYRIQ next year for my mom but Tesla stand behind their product so they will get my business. Maybe a Cyber truck too? It costs less than a GM and Tesla seems to care more than GM. Sorry not sorry GM, you did this to yourself. I’m not the only one that feels betrayed by GM. 

23 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Post some pictures of the new Tesla's, can't remember anyone jumping to that brand.

Always interesting getting to see other vehicles without having to go on their lots.

Tesla has no "lots" for their cars.
Still, I do consider a Tesla from time to time as a second car - it'd be great if they weren't 50K and above.
So, instead, my second car will remain my 1990 BMW 535i. :D

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Tesla has no "lots" for their cars.

I will confirm that is my interest in Tesla's, as no knowledge at all.

The most time I have invested is watching them burn to the ground, and firefighters not being able to put it out😬

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

The most time I have invested is watching them burn to the ground, and firefighters not being able to put it out

... or crashing into something while the driver was on "auto-pilot." 😬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeBMW said:

... or crashing into something while the driver was on "auto-pilot." 😬

Yea, that is a big screen in there, car drives itself, lonely stretch of road, now to quote Van Halen:

Yeah, we're runnin' a little bit hot tonight
I can barely see the road from the heat comin' off of it
Ah, you reach down, between my legs and ease the seat back
She's blinding, I'm flying
Right behind the rear view mirror now
Got the feeling, power steering
Pistons popping, ain't no stopping now

See where I went with that🤔😮

• Like 1

Now, one thing about a Tesla, is one can go from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds.
However, it ain't gonna haul a 10,000 lb trailer or carry a lot of bricks, manure, lumber, what have you.
Gotta keep the Chevy truck! :)

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Could use some help!! 
got a 2015 Silverado 2500 few weeks back ABS started going crazy brake was sticking, so took it to dealership they swapped ABS module then later said contaminated brake fluid and wanted 4500 

to do the brakes!!!

I had replaced front calipers within the year and decided to warranty them and tackle this on my own!!

now ive flushed the fluid replaced master cylinder, booster 4 calipers 4 rubber lines and can not get a firm brake!! It’s very spongy And slow to return!!

bench bled master cylinder later I thought I may have damaged it so I replaced it again and also replaced the booster again too!! 

my brake light is on and traction control as well.. any hep would be greatly appreciated!!