Sticker price claims that GM installed All-Terrian tires? NOT!

40 minutes ago, FullThrottleSilverado said:

So, where do I go with my complaint, that will actually make a difference? I tried raising hell @ the dealership, they could’ve cared less. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Silverado. But, at least as far as I am concerned a truck, just isn’t as much of a truck, when it’s limited to the highway! If i try taking my new truck off road with the current Wrangler SR-A’s, I will get 1 thing, STUCK! It don’t matter what you drive, if it’s a Lincoln Mark V, if it has BF Goodrich All Terrian tire on it, it’s going through my than truck, ever will!  I want a truck, that when people see it, they know it’s work horse! 

Not only that, it isn’t uncommon for me to get a call or text on many given weekend, to go pull a friend out of a muddy trial. If that happens anytime soon, the best I got is offering a push maybe? Lol!

Not all off road driving is through thick mud.

When stock, I took my Canyon and it's not-all-terrain "all terrain" tires off road.  Ground clearance was a bigger issue than traction for me.

44871341785_d5d69d4100_z.jpgcanyon or stock by Ryan Jakob, on Flickr

This issue is not new.  The tires that come on new trucks are not what I would purchase from a tire dealer.  If you don't have Z71, they upcharge for Blackwall "All Terrain".  They upcharge again (even with Z71) if you get OWL.  It's a stretch to call the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A an All Terrain tire because they are certainly not a BFG AT or other popular AT tires. 

In the past, I have removed OEM tires immediately and purchased what I want from a tire dealer.  You can usually get $300 - $500 from someone on Craigslist for the new tires removed from your truck. 

As someone else mentioned, "before signing papers" you can possibly negotiate upgraded tires with the dealer prior to delivery. 

Yep just sold my pull offs for $350. Most have them listed locally at $400. Sold mine same day it posted.
Had to go with ko2s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah there seems to be demand for these used tires.

Mine had 30k miles on them and sold for $200 within a day on Craigslist.

Should have asked for $250 [emoji4]

Got about a dozen emails, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pronstar said:

Yeah there seems to be demand for these used tires.

Mine had 30k miles on them and sold for $200 within a day on Craigslist.

Should have asked for $250 emoji4.png

Got about a dozen emails, too.

There's always people looking for decent cheap street tires. I've sold take off's with barely 1/4" of tread on them for $75 plus I didn't have to pay the disposal fee. I'm planning to sell my stock SRA's next summer with over half tread on them and I'll get $200 too, about the same mileage as you I'm guessing.

• Like 1

uI've said it more than once on this site, but I'll be glad to say it again, 'coz it seems there's a new snowflake on here every minute . . . 

Why does the General supply Goodyear highway tires on the new Z71 or All-Terrain "off-road" package?  Because over the years, buyers complained of even mild-tread all-terrain tires as being too noisy!  And the General has to meet the CAFE fuel economy regulations.  Don't like the General doing that?  Negotiate different tires/wheels with your dealer at time of sale!  But you better get it in writing from the dealer that they won't use that 'change in vehicle configuration from stock' against you to void your warranty later on down the road!  Don't want to negotiate/would just rather b1tch from your basement on an online forum later?  Buy a Ford instead!  (But the Fords have the same Goodyear highway [Fortitude HT] tires, by the way!)

PS  Putting on a 6 inch lift and 35 or 38 inch Mud Terrain tires and then never even driving off the pavement (in some cases, not even on a gravel or sand road) is stupid.  AKA working way too hard and spending way too much in an obvious attempt to overcome another shortcoming in your life.  Just sayin.

Edited by MaverickZ71
  • Like 5