Amp Research PowerStep XL non lifted / leveled

Anyone running Amp Research XL steps on a non lifted or leveled truck.  I know they are better suited for lifted applications but like the idea of covering up some of the visible frame from the side, I think they may come down too much though.  Any body with them installed have some pics???   Thanks Roy

Anyone running Amp Research XL steps on a non lifted or leveled truck.  I know they are better suited for lifted applications but like the idea of covering up some of the visible frame from the side, I think they may come down too much though.  Any body with them installed have some pics???   Thanks Roy

I just installed the NON XL version on a .7” front lift and they come down very low. Couldn’t imagine the XL.

f73bf069bbd897c362ceece0bf8ff8e8.jpg5948e881d1617774ee4a3bf7eac54205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Move Over said:

I just installed the NON XL version on a .7” front lift and they come down very low. Couldn’t imagine the XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate the reply, but plenty of pictures on the web of that version of steps installed.  Are you on bigger tires?  I'm running 33" and a Bilstein level 

Edited by PhatBoy

3 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

Only one way to know for sure. I doubt you'll find anyone with the setup you're asking about. I can't recall seeing a single XL installed even on a lifted truck so running close to stock is prob unlikely to say the least.

There's a couple vids on YouTube, but they are on lifted trucks, can really see a good side profile.  They look good retracted,  but scared they will extend to low when extended.....  would be a costly experiment..

18 minutes ago, PhatBoy said:

There's a couple vids on YouTube, but they are on lifted trucks, can really see a good side profile.  They look good retracted,  but scared they will extend to low when extended.....  would be a costly experiment..

I agree. I just can't see a lot of people looking exactly what you're looking for so it's gonna be a hard call. I'd look and see if you can figure how much taller the XL is or reach out to amp and see. Best of luck man.

I agree. I just can't see a lot of people looking exactly what you're looking for so it's gonna be a hard call. I'd look and see if you can figure how much taller the XL is or reach out to amp and see. Best of luck man.
The XL drop 3" over the regular steps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Without a lift and even with slightly bigger tires the non-XL version is actually just the right drop.  It splits the difference between the ground and the sill height just about evenly (about 7" each).  With the XL you would have about 4" step up from the ground then 10" step up to the sill plate.  Plus they may contact a curb if you park beside one and the boards deploy.

I wouldn't worry too much about the frame.  Even when the non-XL version retracts there still is some of the black underside of the step that you can see.  It hides most of the frame and doesn't look bad at all.

Edited by sk