My wife said I can't...

rkj__

4 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Like that one but red. It had a 231 V6. I did sneak it out and put duals on it. Our first non V-8. My toy at the time was a 74 impala 454, 700r4, 373.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dad had the Chevy equivalent (a Monza) with a 305 V-8 for a while as a company car. It had an open differential. if you launched it hard you had to steer a full quarter turn to the right to go straight.  Plugs had to be changed out from the bottom on a lift. He got rid of it when the rear lobe of the cam washed off like most 305's did.

My Dad had the Chevy equivalent (a Monza) with a 305 V-8 for a while as a company car. It had an open differential. if you launched it hard you had to steer a full quarter turn to the right to go straight.  Plugs had to be changed out from the bottom on a lift. He got rid of it when the rear lobe of the cam washed off like most 305's did.

I bought one later as a toy. I welded the spider gears, put a 4 barrel carb on it and a shift kit. The body started to rip apart, it was fun for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Wife has her car that’s off limits. I’ve got the charger and the truck. I’m not allowed to mess with the truck much. Car is mine now that truck has taken over as daily//baby hauler.

She doesn’t appreciate the money I spend on my toys but knows I love it and it brings me peace so she doesn’t fuss much.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

• Like 1

Interesting.  "My wife doesn't let me," is an expression I try to avoid.   It is one of those cute comments that sounds so much worse when the roles are reversed.  Some negotiating is required when our financial priorities differ but final decisions are "our" decision.     In a 50/50 relationship semantics are tough.  The word "we" is used a lot around our house.  "We" don't need a new truck is heard regularly around my house.  Although my wife is saying this 100% of the time, this is "our" decision! ;-)