2019 Silverado 2500 HD Tribute Edition - Thumbs Up Or Down To Flag Wrap?

Gorehamj

Silverado 2019 HD tribute edition.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
11-8-2018

We say two thumbs up. The Silverado 2500 HD has four Special Editions. There are the Tribute, Alaskan, Custom Sport, and Midnight Edition. The Tribute is an LTZ/Z71 with a black bowtie, chrome front skid plate and an American flag logo stretching from the "splash-up" area behind the front tire to the rear taillights. The flag is rendered in one color and is offset by the vehicle body colors. We think the blue looks particularly good with the white flag decal overlaid. Chevy has given the flag an "aero" look. 

We like the look and this reporter gives the look two thumbs up. What say you, GM-Trucks.com faithful? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Looks good, I like the blue.  All these "special" thingies just annoy me seeing as I still can't build a truck the way I want it.

Agree on both counts.  Wish I could get a new Chevy truck with 6.2L engine and the MagnetorWhatChaMaCallit suspension in a 1500 LTZ Z71.  I just don't need a 2500HD.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BobHancock said:

Agree on both counts.  Wish I could get a new Chevy truck with 6.2L engine and the MagnetorWhatChaMaCallit suspension in a 1500 LTZ Z71.  I just don't need a 2500HD.

Yeah I'm becoming a broken record on the topic but it still aggravates me.  It's not just GM either they all do it.  The whole buy 10 things just to get the 1 thing you want and end up with 9 things you have zero desire or use for.  Stupid packages and bundles.  Why can't I be an odd ball that gets leather bucket seats, full console, no crap bose audio, no lane/crash/whatever nannies, and plastic flooring instead of carpet lol

Where's the red? Looks like the American flag on the nightly sign off on WROC-TV on a black and white tv. 

Back in the late 70s I wanted a new vehicle so I talked to one of the salesmen at the Chrysler dealer where I worked. Some of the oddities, on a 78 B100 van, if you wanted a passenger seat, it required a glove box door and a base for the seat. On a 78 Volare 2 door coupe, to get the E58 police 360, it require power steering. Automatic plus a bucket load small individual items, each one having its own list of sub options.  I think that was why most salesmen simply said you couldn't get that engine in a Volare. And, if you wanted the AM/FM Cassette radio, you had to also order power brakes. Sunroof also required power brakes. 

• Sad 1

Well mixed on the flag,; i do like it,  as color is critical, to make it "Pop". But i do agree with what others have stated above me. Why can't you order it Alacart? pieces and parts as you see it? Not someone else's, cookie cutter, vanilla wrapper what ever . . . How about a GREEN Truck? Imagine that? :D Truck owners are Outdoormens, but you cannot get a Green Truck? how can you be camo? Why is GREEN Not on the paint Chart? you can get Brown, mud color, or Dessert Brown, But What About the South? Truck Country! Lush Green Mountains, Valleys and Streams, But No camo colored trucks available? What's up with the Mini Me back doors too? That's a total waste of Production line time! i understand on "Packages" is based on production line time. But Why were Mini Me Doors introduced, to save fractions on metal? & Glass? When it is Four Doors, make it a Man's Truck! On production, we have computers now, dial it in, set up the majority items, then let the separate items "Skip / idle" by as accessories are installed or Not installed. 

38 minutes ago, CUL8TR said:

Well mixed on the flag,; i do like it,  as color is critical, to make it "Pop". But i do agree with what others have stated above me. Why can't you order it Alacart? pieces and parts as you see it? Not someone else's, cookie cutter, vanilla wrapper what ever . . . How about a GREEN Truck? Imagine that? :D Truck owners are Outdoormens, but you cannot get a Green Truck? how can you be camo? Why is GREEN Not on the paint Chart? you can get Brown, mud color, or Dessert Brown, But What About the South? Truck Country! Lush Green Mountains, Valleys and Streams, But No camo colored trucks available? What's up with the Mini Me back doors too? That's a total waste of Production line time! i understand on "Packages" is based on production line time. But Why were Mini Me Doors introduced, to save fractions on metal? & Glass? When it is Four Doors, make it a Man's Truck! On production, we have computers now, dial it in, set up the majority items, then let the separate items "Skip / idle" by as accessories are installed or Not installed. 

When I bought my 87 Mustang 5.0l LX hatch back, to install fog or driving lights, all I needed was the $19 factory GT fog light switch that plugged right into the space for it in the instrument cluster, where the wiring harness was sitting just waiting for the switch.  Under the front bumper there was a hole for the factory lights to go into, plus the wires with factory plug that was the mate to the plug on the factory lights.  Ford even had it completely pre-wired for fog lights, just plug the switch and the lights in. 

I can recall buying used a 67 California special Mustang. It had a big block, factory roll bar, 4speed and an open rear end. Ford was big for not pairing the right options. Now they all go too far the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like, but i got the 19 1/2 ton high country 6.2 with the 10 speed tranny, just love it, 24 mpg on the highway going 70mph and pulls my 29 Foot boat like a dream, no need for a 3/4 ton in my garage.

I got it,,the blue collar package,  1/2 ton crew cab ,6.2 and ten speed, tow mirrors,  brake controller,  nice wheels, with or without body colored bumpers and grill ,heated cloth seats  under seat storage, and what ever seat you perfer, make all the other stuff GM wants you to have an option,  and keep it under 45 grand, RP0 code 4Me