Review - My new suspension and wheel set up

On 7/1/2019 at 11:38 AM, 2018DenaliGuy said:

Yeah man, so right now i have a 4” fabtech magneride lift right now, so I am not going from stock ride height. Do you still think I should do the Ride height Trim procedure then? If so, did you put you’re new shocks and the bypass kit on first and then go to the dealership or to do the ride height procedure or what? Thanks man!

I'm not an expert on those fabtech magneride lift kits, but my understanding is that they keep the stock angles on the ride height sensors even though the truck is lifted. If that's the case, you don't need to do the trim procedure if you're keeping your set up that you currently have. If you have a code related to the suspension system it's either a different problem or the fabtech kit was not installed properly. If you are putting in a completely different kit that either doesn't keep the stock angles or will require you to remove the ride height sensors, then you will need the X-ineering bypass kit and to perform the trim procedure. The order of everything should be: remove existing lift kit and ride height sensors, install new lift kit, perform trim procedure on level ground, install shock and ride height sensors from X-ineering.

I had the same issue at first and it was because the voltage being sent to a set of sensors was blowing them. X-ineering sets the parameters on each sensor and because I did not perform the trim height procedure, one set was getting overloading by the voltage being set to 'adjust' the magneride shock (truck thought they were still installed). X-ineering sent me a programmer tool that allowed me to read the voltage in real-time and we were able to identify where the problem occurred. Once we narrowed it down, they sent me a new pair of sensors with new parameters. All was good after installing them and doing the trim height procedure.

• Thanks 1

Thanks man! Yeah I took it to the dealership and they said they rand the Trim procedure 6 times but were not sure if it went through or not. But they told me the front two shock sims were bad so xineering is sending me new one’s. Hopefully it went through and I can put them on with no suspension message.

On 7/12/2019 at 5:43 PM, 2018DenaliGuy said:

Dude i can’t get the simulators off to replace them. It’s like they are melted on or something. And i broke the OEM clip for the magneride connector so i’m Pretty pissed off.

That sucks, never had that issue. You reach out to X-ineering about it? What did they say?