Borla ATAK 140577 for sale cheap in DFW!

QUIKAG

Works on any 2014-2018 crew cab/short bed with the 6.2 engine.  Borla system used one month for sale.  Sounds incredible, but not the quietest exhaust.  Duh, it’s the ATAK. :) Paid just over $1k a month ago on Amazon and will sell locally for $650 cash.  It’s in awesome shape, no issues.  It’s a work truck so it’s a little loud for me, but sound is really good and no resonance or drone.  My employees call it the race truck so that’s not such a good thing for my work. :(

Here is a quick clip inside.  A lot of other vids for outside on YouTube.  

My loss is your gain.  Shipping is expensive (like $180+ UPS) so much prefer local pickup.

1D61D093-696A-403C-A8A7-68A380F78178.jpeg

Edited by QUIKAG
  • Like 1

I have to say that you are correct about being a great system. I have the ATAK rear exit system.  I was lucky to find mine locally on craigslist. The guy put the system on, trashed the factory system. Then his wife said that it was to loud and to get rid of it or else. I feel like i actually stole it for the $350. But all he wanted was some money to get a new factory system. Good luck with the sale. Its worth every penny that you paid.

Edited by RACERX7775

Ed, do you have the 6.2? Yup. The drone sounded like a helicopter hovering right over the truck. Since i did the intake, exhaust and tuner, i disabled the V4 mode. Ta dah. No drone in my truck. I also did a complete pro sound system so i have a ton of Dynamat. Now if I am in someone else's truck, its like wow, i cant believe that your truck is so loud inside. 

• 2 weeks later...
May i ask why you keep it in m5? What system do you have? Did you disable V4?

Especially m5?
Keeping it in M5 is the free version of buying a Range or handheld tuner. M5 or M7 depending if 6 speed or 8 speed keeps you at V8 all the time. I usually run my truck in M5 up until 60 mph(usually around town) anything over 60mph I go to M6

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:42 PM, SS502 said:

I honestly don’t hear much if any drone or helicopter sounds. Borla ATAK on 2018 6.2L

See, I didn't either.  I do have a bit of helicopter at light cruise in V4 mode, but to me it sounds a bit like a harley chopper and not bad at all.  I definitely don't have any bad resonance or drone.  I do think Borla did a great job dialing in a very aggressive exhaust to eliminate most/all of the resonance and drone.  It was just too loud for my 42 year old ears.  

System was sold and the next owner loves it.  

2 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

Yeah, cause you old people just wouldnt understand. Lol.

haha, things just change over time.  I started out over 20 years ago with a rice rocket and basically open exhaust on an '93 Honda Del Sol.  In retrospect, I'm sure it sounded awful, but I associate loud with fast....at least until I took it to the quarter mile strip and it ran a 16 second 1/4 mile time.  haha.  

But, as I've gotten older and a little more senior at my company, I just can't be ripping around in a loud truck.  I really did like the exhaust and wanted to make it work.  Heck, I put a few thousand miles on it, but it just became too much for a daily driver/work truck.

Lol. Just put a louder stereo in it. And Dynamat the hell out of the whole truck. Thats what I did. Lol. But I understand what you mean. Thats the way I feel about lifting my truck. Been there, done that. These 22" wheels and tires are the smallest Ive ever had on any of my trucks. And all I even wanna do with suspensions is keep the leveling kit on my truck.  Usually its 37's and 44's on everything.  Oh. By the way, Im a year older than you lol.