Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

6 minutes ago, asalinasz39 said:

All this 35s on at4s look great! I just got my AT4 with 5.3L V8 3.23 gears...my 17 z71 had 3.42 and ran 33x12.50 no problems. Iam assuming 33s would be the biggest tire size i can go with safely on the at4 or you guys think 34” or 35” would be okay on the tranny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running the 35s but I have the 6.2 with the 10spd and 3.23s. I noticed a very mild difference. I would suggest running the 34/35 on the stock gearing and if you feel or notice a difference in acceleration or fuel mileage (take into account your speedometer/ odometer will be off, 60mph speedometer = 63mph actual) then change the gearing.

43 minutes ago, destrada127 said:

I'm running the 35s but I have the 6.2 with the 10spd and 3.23s. I noticed a very mild difference. I would suggest running the 34/35 on the stock gearing and if you feel or notice a difference in acceleration or fuel mileage (take into account your speedometer/ odometer will be off, 60mph speedometer = 63mph actual) then change the gearing.

I’m impressed you’ve gotten the 35s to work. When I test drove an AT4 and took it to 4 wheel parts they came out with a tape measure, had me turn the wheels back and forth, and were concerned about anything over 34” tall and 275 wide 

your truck is stock, no level, right? Any other insights into how it worked? Did you remove the bracket at the back of the wheel well? What sort of mud flap trimming, etc. what kind of tires are those?

Really  appreciate you taking time to post everything you’ve posted. 

Edited by ShortMag

I’m impressed you’ve gotten the 35s to work. When I test drove an AT4 and took it to 4 wheel parts they came out with a tape measure, had me turn the wheels back and forth, and were concerned about anything over 34” tall and 275 wide 

your truck is stock, no level, right? Any other insights into how it worked? Did you remove the bracket at the back of the wheel well? What sort of mud flap trimming, etc. what kind of tires are those?

Really  appreciate you taking time to post everything you’ve posted. 
I previously worked at 4 wheel parts and they swore I wouldn't fit 37s with just a leveling kit on my 04 f150. I did it by keeping the stock wheels that were only 7.5" wide. They won't steer you wrong, they just want to convert their asses. So they know for sure a 34 will fit so they'll stick to that. I did manage to squeeze these 35s on here and I have no rub, but I also ordered the moto fab leveling kit (that should be here today) just for the look. Also these 35s are accelera MT01 and don't measure out to a true 35 and they are way skinnier than nitto and toyo (they're also half the price, but that's just until I have the $ for the bumper, lift wheels and tires I actually want). I'll get some pics up when it stops raining here in FLd64638e9fbb8731d4c6945c2c93796ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I looked into my current stock duratracs 275 65 R18 which the good years specs says 32.1 x11 so ill prob go to 295x65r18 (33.1”x11.8”)when these wear out cuz I wouldn’t want to re-gear unless by then somebody has ran some bigger than 33s with no issues on 5.3 and 3.23 gears

10 hours ago, asalinasz39 said:

I looked into my current stock duratracs 275 65 R18 which the good years specs says 32.1 x11 so ill prob go to 295x65r18 (33.1”x11.8”)when these wear out cuz I wouldn’t want to re-gear unless by then somebody has ran some bigger than 33s with no issues on 5.3 and 3.23 gears

You will not notice much of a difference going to a 34 or 35 tire.  Im running 33.5x12.5 on my Trail Boss and gearing is not an issue.  I personally wouldn't re-gear unless I was running 37s or higher.

Edited by z1boss
  • Like 2

Thanks! Yeah i was hoping 34s would be okay.

Here is my buddies AT4 5.3L with 33x12.5r18 toyo MT that the dealership installed before sell...factory actual tire specs (33”x12.7”) and no rubbing according to him. They are 74lbs each tire though so his averaging 13mpg.
My duratracs only weigh 49lbs.

713f64bcc1b9222270b3b43c41cc2bae.jpg7aa4a7d146f4ad215aa27735ed1bf899.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, asalinasz39 said:

Thanks! Yeah i was hoping 34s would be okay.

Here is my buddies AT4 5.3L with 33x12.5r18 toyo MT that the dealership installed before sell...factory actual tire specs (33”x12.7”) and no rubbing according to him. They are 74lbs each tire though so his averaging 13mpg.
My duratracs only weigh 49lbs.

713f64bcc1b9222270b3b43c41cc2bae.jpg7aa4a7d146f4ad215aa27735ed1bf899.jpg

Look darn good but man that’s a heavy tire. Looks like 285/70/18 tires run about 60 lbs

On 2/10/2019 at 12:37 PM, destrada127 said:

I previously worked at 4 wheel parts and they swore I wouldn't fit 37s with just a leveling kit on my 04 f150. I did it by keeping the stock wheels that were only 7.5" wide. They won't steer you wrong, they just want to convert their asses. So they know for sure a 34 will fit so they'll stick to that. I did manage to squeeze these 35s on here and I have no rub, but I also ordered the moto fab leveling kit (that should be here today) just for the look. Also these 35s are accelera MT01 and don't measure out to a true 35 and they are way skinnier than nitto and toyo (they're also half the price, but that's just until I have the $ for the bumper, lift wheels and tires I actually want). I'll get some pics up when it stops raining here in FLd64638e9fbb8731d4c6945c2c93796ff.jpg

You’re truck looks great but is it safe to say that even though the manufacturer calls that a 35x12.5 tire it’s really more comparable to something smaller? (34x11.5 maybe?)

dealer ordered an AT4 that I spec’d and is giving me first dibs on it when it comes in (Did not now how long it would take or exact pricing though). 

You’re truck looks great but is it safe to say that even though the manufacturer calls that a 35x12.5 tire it’s really more comparable to something smaller? (34x11.5 maybe?)

dealer ordered an AT4 that I spec’d and is giving me first dibs on it when it comes in (Did not now how long it would take or exact pricing though). 
Yes nobody runs exactly what they claim. My 37 bfg's were 38s but my 37 pro comps were 36. I didn't know these were going to be that small but I got them for a steal so I can't complain

The OP is looking for "Stock" trucks with larger tires.
This Instagram post states 3.5" Wicked Customs Suspension Lift......
Mine is stock height at the moment and I'm running 35s (according to tire size printed on sidewall) on stock wheels. The tire runs a little smaller but there is enough room to run a true 35

3 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

The OP is looking for "Stock" trucks with larger tires.

This Instagram post states 3.5" Wicked Customs Suspension Lift......

Never heard of a bumper spacer kit until I just read up on them a little. If I understand them right they provide more clearance in front of the tire. But in my experience the constraint on bigger tires is the rear of the front wheel wells?

That would be correct.

2 hours ago, ShortMag said:

Never heard of a bumper spacer kit until I just read up on them a little. If I understand them right they provide more clearance in front of the tire. But in my experience the constraint on bigger tires is the rear of the front wheel wells?