Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

30 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

So what's the final verdict?  I have a 2019 TrailBoss that came with the 20" 275/60 Wrangler TrailRunner AT's...  Can I go any larger on stock wheels, or is a slight bump to a 275/60 about all I can do without more lift, or spacers or offset rims?

Not sure with 20's on the Trail Boss... That's kind of a weird combo.  Have to read through the thread and see what people with 20's and a 2 inch lift on a LTZ are doing... Wich would more/less be the same for you.  I'm going to add 1.25" spacers to my Trail Boss w/ 18's & level kit... Should bring the stock tires out of the fender well ever so slightly, and future proof me for wider tires.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:04 PM, Swiftks said:

Not sure with 20's on the Trail Boss... That's kind of a weird combo.  Have to read through the thread and see what people with 20's and a 2 inch lift on a LTZ are doing... Wich would more/less be the same for you.  I'm going to add 1.25" spacers to my Trail Boss w/ 18's & level kit... Should bring the stock tires out of the fender well ever so slightly, and future proof me for wider tires.

Actually I looked and the 275/60r20 is the stock size for my truck, that's what came on it.  So going a step up would be something like a 285/60r20... But the price per tire jumps $100 just for that slight step in size, not sure why...

Actually I looked and the 275/60r20 is the stock size for my truck, that's what came on it.  So going a step up would be something like a 285/60r20... But the price per tire jumps $100 just for that slight step in size, not sure why...

E load range ...

7 hours ago, lt1z said:

E load range ...

That makes sense, as well as the weight per tire jumping 20lbs which I don't want.

I have the 275/60r20 TrailRunner AT's on there that came with the truck, but the tread depth looks shallower than the off the shelf TrailRunners I see online...

I know that in the motorcycle world, often times there is an OEM version of a tire, that differs from the off the shelf one you would buy aftermarket... Same for some of the Ohlins suspension, etc...

Do automakers do the same with their tires?  Maybe have an OEM version of something that is cheaper, or that they altered for that version to make it smoother running, quieter, etc?

At discount tire now, looked at several tires, going with GY Wrangler UltraTerrain’s in 275/60r20 for $787 installed out the door.  Got $220 credit for the oem  tires that have 750 miles on them.  Will post pics when they are done.

had them side by side with a ridgegrappler, and the Cooper ATP, and the UltraTerrains sat taller, had 5mm more tread depth than the others and looks fantastic, kinda like a Duratrac, but a good bit taller than the 18 inch Duratracs that a lot of the trail bosses come with.

Edited by SquireSCA

Some pics of the new shoes.  Same size as stock, which is 275/60r20, just a chunkier tire...  I had the guy at Discount Tire measure and he didn't think we could go bigger without some rubbing going on...  Tires have tread depth roughly double the stock tires, and only weigh like 6lbs more each, so negligible...

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

Just got my Trail Boss about 2 weeks ago.  Added the Rough Country 1.5" level kit; truck sits with 3/8" of rake now, which is damn near perfect to the eye.

The problem I'm having is, after the level kit was installed and alignment completed, the stock DuraTracs are getting damn close to the upper control arms/ball joints. I don't really want to have to buy new wheels, as I like the black factory wheels, and am not to crazy about adding wheel spacers either.... but as you can see a 12.5" wide tire is really going to be hard pressed to fit, and not rub the stock UCAs.

Would changing out the UCAs to something like a Camburg or Total Chaos fix this issue, and allow for more space between the joint area and inner side wall?  Was thinking about upgrading to the Camburg Kinetik Series (https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/camburg-chevygmc-1500-2wd4wd-2019-kinetik-series-billet-upper-arms/).  Haven't really seen anyone on the forum yet upgrade their UCA's, and I never have on a previous truck, so not sure if it will help with this specific problem or not.  Thanks for your input and help.

The pictures below are from my LT Trail Boss,  stock tires and wheels, w/ 1.5" Rough Country TB level kit.

20191201_120336.thumb.jpg.31d8a9091e5927479454ec16e7ad1c8a.jpg

20191201_120555.thumb.jpg.c31b7ecffd85a7d8dc5393a17ab618d5.jpg

Edit:
Called Camburg and Icon, both said the same thing.  Their control arms would actually decrease the amount of space... only options are new wheels with different offset or spacers.

163adbe3f3d21ddc381758ba0792a597.jpg

Here you go Swiftks! I think were in the same situation but i think it should be fine. I mean plenty of folks running 12”wide tires with no issues on control arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 5:00 PM, asalinasz39 said:

163adbe3f3d21ddc381758ba0792a597.jpg

Here you go Swiftks! I think were in the same situation but i think it should be fine. I mean plenty of folks running 12”wide tires with no issues on control arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I went ahead and ordered 1.25" Bora spacers for all four hubs yesterday.  Didn't want a new/wider set of tires to be any closer than they are now.  Plus, if I ever add aftermarket UCA's the space will be even narrower.

Saw that someone else had done 1.25" spacers, and they work on the Trail Boss stock 18" wheels, due to the pockets on the back side of the wheels for the stock lugs to go, otherwise you have to go up to 1.5", or grind the excess off under 1.25".

Plus, the stock tires/wheels need to come out just a bit from the fender well... They seem kinda shoves back in there.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:52 AM, Mark Vyskocil said:

No real issues. I driven over 8000 miles on this set up. I did have to do a little more trimming to cure a small rub at one certain steering wheel angle. But looks stock to the untrained eye. I also bought the Hypertech inline speedo calibrator, and ended up buying some 1/2in hub centric spacers from Custom Offsets and ditched the 1/4in shim. Just made me feel better. I'm still super happy with it and get a lot of "HOLY S@#% those are 35x12.50s" comments.

there’s so much contradicting information. Take a look at this guys posts.  Did you not have any of these problems? 

how close are you too the ball joint? 

are you worried about your ball joint angles with OEM Arms?