Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

rikhek

Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Xterrable said:

So what are everyones 35"'s actually measuring in height?   I just got 285/70/18 Ridge Grapplers that are supposed to be 34" tall and 11.5 wide.  Cant argue the width, but they contact patch is only 9" wide.   But I am only getting a hair over 33" tall when I measure them.  

Are you measuring the tire(s) off the truck or while the truck is jacked up with the tire off the ground (no load)? 

 

The measurement usually represents a tire that is inflated and under no load. If it's on your truck and under load (sitting on the ground), you have to account for sidewall flex (squat).

 

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

 

 

Edited by RWTJR
can't spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RWTJR said:

Are you measuring the tire(s) off the truck or while the truck is jacked up with the tire off the ground (no load)? 

 

The measurement usually represents a tire that is inflated and under no load. If it's on your truck and under load (sitting on the ground), you have to account for sidewall flex (squat).

 

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

 

 

Nope, off the truck.  No load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Would you mind posting some pics from front and back? I’m wondering if the tires are flush or have some poke with the 12.50 wide.  Did you end up leveling it? Thanks!

Yes the truck is now leveled. Here are the new pictures. Tires sit flush. I only have these two pictures of the front and back. I’ll try to take some more for you once I wash the truck. b659a01788e9b1ecbee4213725d43841.jpg
2b8d07eaafd1df743a32c3eb68bc4002.png
809c55501717585102b9231f2c407286.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Z71TrailBoss said:


Yes the truck is now leveled. Here are the new pictures. Tires sit flush. I only have these two pictures of the front and back. I’ll try to take some more for you once I wash the truck. b659a01788e9b1ecbee4213725d43841.jpg
2b8d07eaafd1df743a32c3eb68bc4002.png
809c55501717585102b9231f2c407286.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! Level really completes the look. If you could send a picture down the side to see just how flush the tires are that would be great. Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need a little help with this: I'm looking at getting the ready lift 2' SST within a couple of weeks. After that I want to put on some 35" tires. But I'm a little confused on what tire size should I go with. From what I've researched 35X12.5R18 can be these sizes

-285/75 R18

-305/70 R18

-325/65 R18

 

What sizes are people running on their trucks?

 

Also what brand and style of tire are you guys running?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind, figured it out. So 35X12.5xR18 = 315/70/R18. Just waiting for the lift and then off to get some tires. Currently thinking about getting the Toyo Open Country R/T as I've saw quite a few good reviews about them.

Edited by PureZ71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this on Facebook from another TB owner. a0e3d3955b7412c452521f602a56558a.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just put 33 x 12.5 x 20 with a 0 offset and at full lock less than 1/8” clearance With Nitto ridge grapplers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a lazy bum and can't read 43 pages.

 

My setup

 

2021 AT4 1500

Stock 18" wheels

Bilstein 5100 (AT4 version) raised to the max 1.1" and Cognito UCA's (tube ones)

 

What size tire can I fit using the stock 18" wheels and something like a Nitto TerraGrappler G2 or BFG KO2? 33"? 34"? and will I need a wheel spacer?

 

I live in BFE and there's not really a shop I trust that can order the correct tires without just telling them "order this ******". 

 

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally completed the look after about 6 weeks of ownership & research

 

- Ready Lift 2" SST Lift

- Stock 18"s rims

- Toyo Open County R/T 35x12.5R18

- Supreme 2" spacers (You can get away with 1" if you want. The reason I got spacers was to clear the aftermarket upper control arm)

- Mud Flap Trim delete kit

- Removed the metal bracket behind the front wheels

- Trimmed the liner behind the front wheels so it doesn't rub anymore

 

hZDyM0Y.jpg

lYfiWH2.jpg

vNNNuqc.jpg

Msq0RDE.jpg

1BuTsWy.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, Wormydog1724 said:

I'm a lazy bum and can't read 43 pages.

 

My setup

 

2021 AT4 1500

Stock 18" wheels

Bilstein 5100 (AT4 version) raised to the max 1.1" and Cognito UCA's (tube ones)

 

What size tire can I fit using the stock 18" wheels and something like a Nitto TerraGrappler G2 or BFG KO2? 33"? 34"? and will I need a wheel spacer?

 

I live in BFE and there's not really a shop I trust that can order the correct tires without just telling them "order this ******". 

 

Thanks

I'm curious about this as well as I'll have 6112s in the front set to 1.2" with Cognito tubular UCAs.

 

I'll take pics of the clearance on the UCAs with this set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 3:02 PM, Wormydog1724 said:

I'm a lazy bum and can't read 43 pages.

 

My setup

 

2021 AT4 1500

Stock 18" wheels

Bilstein 5100 (AT4 version) raised to the max 1.1" and Cognito UCA's (tube ones)

 

What size tire can I fit using the stock 18" wheels and something like a Nitto TerraGrappler G2 or BFG KO2? 33"? 34"? and will I need a wheel spacer?

 

I live in BFE and there's not really a shop I trust that can order the correct tires without just telling them "order this ******". 

 

Thanks

This is the direction I want to go. Probably will go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/65/20. after reading all 43 pages it seems like those will fit with a minor level. 

 

Does the bilstein shocks at 1.1 inch give it the level look? With what I understand its close but not exact level. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JoeCo23 said:

This is the direction I want to go. Probably will go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/65/20. after reading all 43 pages it seems like those will fit with a minor level. 

 

Does the bilstein shocks at 1.1 inch give it the level look? With what I understand its close but not exact level. Thanks!


I have the bilsteins set to the 1.1” and the AT4 is more level. Not perfectly level and still noticeably not level, but so much better than stock. 
 

the Cognito UCA’s fit using the stock 275/65r18 duratracs. I think a 285 tire just might barely fit. I really want to try a 285/70. If I have to do a little trimming or fitting of the fender well then that would be ok. Just don’t want them rubbing the UCA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 11:46 AM, RWTJR said:

Are you measuring the tire(s) off the truck or while the truck is jacked up with the tire off the ground (no load)? 

 

The measurement usually represents a tire that is inflated and under no load. If it's on your truck and under load (sitting on the ground), you have to account for sidewall flex (squat).

 

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

 

 


I was always taught you measure a tire’s size by making a mark on the tire and a mark on the ground, lined up. Pull the vehicle forward (or back) until the tire mark makes one complete rotation and then mark the ground again. Measure the distance between the two ground marks and that’s the tire size. 
 

JMHAIDBDIENDOP

No expertise implied or expressed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Wormydog1724 said:


I was always taught you measure a tire’s size by making a mark on the tire and a mark on the ground, lined up. Pull the vehicle forward (or back) until the tire mark makes one complete rotation and then mark the ground again. Measure the distance between the two ground marks and that’s the tire size. 
 

JMHAIDBDIENDOP

No expertise implied or expressed

That would measure the circumference not the diameter. You would have to divide that number by Pi to get the diameter.

 

Using the method you described would give you a measurement of about 100" with a 32" tire.

 

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.