In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Service Power Steering and Service ESC

Just had the power steering issue happen to me in my 2021 AT4 with 198 miles....  I'm absolutely disgusted this has been going on so long.  What really disgusts me is the fact they clearly have ZERO idea of WHY this is happening or how to fix it.  How has nobody wrecked because of it yet, especially the braking issue?  The power steering going out isn't like the old days of driving a car without power steering, if you didn't have it it was engineered to be driven without it.

I shut the truck off and back on several times and finally got out and locked it and walked away for a few minutes.  Came back and tried it and everything was fine like has happened to everyone else.  Has anyone had a real solution to it other than slinging random parts at it?

This thread is frustrating, tons of people have had these same issues for several years, they report them but very few ever follow up.  My '21 with 189 miles had the steering issue a week in, did anyone ever get a solution????

One thing about the steering issue that I found was on another forum, for Cadillac's, IIRC.  I can't find it now but it said something about if the wheel was locked to one side or the other.  Maybe I misunderstood but I took that as having the steering wheel cranked to one side or the other.   Oddly enough, when this happened to my brand new truck I went to a kids birthday party on some land and when I pulled in I left my wheels cranked hard to the left.  When I came out was when I had the problem.  Anyone that happens to look at this thread and had the power steering issues, can you recall if you had you wheels cranked to one side or the other?