Fuel Injector cleaning (Throttle Body)

$240 sounds like the price for the BG injector service. They have “wiggle room” on that pricing. The dealer also should send out periodic coupons for $50 off of preventive services.  There is also a deal from BG that says if you use their preventive services, they will pay for up to $2000 on a repair if you have a catastrophic failure.  I don’t know any real details of that warranty. 

I am am a fan of BG products, I use a can of  BG 44K in the fuel before each oil change. I also add their MOA to the oil each time. Probably overkill, but it’s my OCD process. I also ran a can of their EPR through the engine at the fifty K oil change, for what it’s worth.

4DCB1311-9884-48C1-8DB4-BC0F6C63BFA3.jpeg

I had the BG injector service done for 199 and had their $50 dealer coupon to use at the cashier. So I didn’t feel that is was too outrageous. The flush was pretty comprehensive, they hooked the BG machine up to the truck and worked on it for quite a while.

Edit- that service should be done and completed right before an oil change. 

Edited by Darksky
  • Like 2