Black Friday Mods, What Are You Planning?

Hopefully a set of headers.

Same here. Ready to drop the pan on my trans to replace the filter and fluid, feel like it would be a waste to disassemble the exhaust only to put the stock one back on. TSP long tubes with catted y seems hard to beat. Speed engineering has some nice options as well...

For anyone out there who knows of a way to drop the trans pan without removing the exhaust, please realize what you may think is helpful advice will only make it harder for me to justify upgrading the headers. Wink wink, nudge nudge, shhhhh....

Raptor style mesh grill with the three amber lights. Hoping I can wire into DRL easily. Anyone install one of these or see one in person?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-18-Chevy-Silverado1500-Grille-Raptor-Style-Balck-Honeycomb-With-LED-Lights/273242961597?epid=5013560979&hash=item3f9e8cb6bd:g:7HcAAOSwyKtbDR4y:rk:2:pf:0

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, qwank said:

I just ordered the SLP TVS1900 for $4,600 shipped.  I don't think I'll find any other complete forced induction kit for  less than this.  

Didnt even know slp made one. Thats super cheap but its probably not smog legal :(

• Like 1

f143859689_2.jpg.6414c529c969d6a6505d2886f1febee9.jpg

35 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Didnt even know slp made one. Thats super cheap but its probably not smog legal :(

Not smog legal at all. I don't need to worry about that over here though. Makes up for our shitty weather I guess ?

Edited by qwank

22 minutes ago, qwank said:

f143859689_2.jpg.6414c529c969d6a6505d2886f1febee9.jpg

Not smog legal at all. I don't need to worry about that over here though. Makes up for our shitty weather I guess ?

Looks good  i still havent decided wheather to go with maggie or lt4 charger.  Maggie is legal. But guys have been saying theyve been getting more out of the lt4 than the maggie even though its smaller.  And i think because its a "chevrolet part" i can get away with it smogging. 

4 hours ago, Nasty said:

Looks good  i still havent decided wheather to go with maggie or lt4 charger.  Maggie is legal. But guys have been saying theyve been getting more out of the lt4 than the maggie even though its smaller.  And i think because its a "chevrolet part" i can get away with it smogging. 

Yeah, that definitely sounds like your best bet over there. I like the factory appeance mods too. At least SLP used to make some of the parts for the Camaro SS and WS6 so it's kinda factory related in my mind lol

1 hour ago, Nasty said:

I would prefer the whipple. But its just a fun little street truck and it would be 1500 more 

Same here, The Whipple was my first choice, but $1,500 is a huge difference. I can put that into headers and something else now. 

18 minutes ago, qwank said:

Same here, The Whipple was my first choice, but $1,500 is a huge difference. I can put that into headers and something else now. 

Thats also my think. Im not doing headers.  To loud.  These trucks are to loud with headers.   The only thing with the lt4 charger (that my tuner said) what they get hotter.  So it would be good to fond a differant heat exchanger for it

25 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Thats also my think. Im not doing headers.  To loud.  These trucks are to loud with headers.   The only thing with the lt4 charger (that my tuner said) what they get hotter.  So it would be good to fond a differant heat exchanger for it

Maybe you can source a Whipple heat exchanger. They are huge compared to everyone else's 

1 minute ago, 300 Blackout said:

If you run e85 in a forced induction engine, do you still need an intercooler? I know the fuel injectors and high pressure fuel pump would need to be upgraded, but if an intercooler isn’t needed, then the funds could be used for the fuel system upgrades.

Anything forced induction needs an intercoolerin my opinion.  Thats why i never considered the one torqstorm supercharger kit the runs no intercooler.  Stupid in my opinion.  

Anything forced induction needs an intercoolerin my opinion.  Thats why i never considered the one torqstorm supercharger kit the runs no intercooler.  Stupid in my opinion.  

They recommend an intercooler, they just don’t include one in their kit. I appreciate your opinion and I agree that it certainly is the default answer to install one as it can’t hurt and will only help. I’m looking for some objective data on temps using e85 without cooling compared to gasoline with an intercooler. Has anyone run tests?

Methanol injection is popular for reducing temps and it seems to be a similar concept if ethanol is being injected directly into the cylinder. A hot charge of compressed air has increased humidity. The ethanol is injected directly into the cylinder cooling the hot, humid air, while also mixing/absorbing the water vapor contained in the hot air charge. Just prior to combustion the cylinder contains a cool air charge along with water saturated ethanol. Combustion occurs and the ethanol and air is consumed leaving a dense charge of water vapor in the exhaust gases which is able to carry away more heat than a comparably dry charge of air. It’s all theory, that’s why I’m interested if there has been any objective testing.