Hey all! Chevy 2500 LTZ diesel intermittent crank issues

Hey guys, thanks for reading. I searched for an answer to this, but I couldn't find anything. 

This is actually about my dad's truck. I feel bad because he literally only had the truck two days when it began doing this. Previous owner said it never happened to him. His truck stranded him the other day in a parking lot because it wouldn't crank. When he turned the key, it would only click. We both messed around with it for a few minutes, and I scrolled through all the information screens, seeing if there was anything I needed to approve or dismiss. Then it started up after I went through those screens. Since then, it's done the same thing every time. You always have to go through the info screen first. And slowly, mind you. If you scroll through them fast, it won't work. So definitely sounds electrical to me. This is such a bizarre problem, going through Google, I was able to find one other dude that had this happened, and he never posted a solution. 

Can anyone direct me to a link, or have an answer for this? Thanks again guys, I appreciate it. 

• txab changed the title to Hey all! Chevy 2500 LTZ diesel intermittent crank issues
4 hours ago, BO TIE 1 said:

Did you try just disconnecting the battery for a little bit just to reset everything? Just a thought.

I'll try that! Thank you! 

1 minute ago, KJS Sullivan said:

I second that idea,  seems to work for many elect. Gremlins

Thanks for responding, I will try that!