Jerseytaylor Build 6.0 Build Progress

Hey everyone. 

Thought I'd create a thread highlighting my build progress.

My truck is a 2015 Denali 2500HD 6.0. 

Here she is the day I picked her up. Windows tinted to match all around and oem weathertech floor mats all throughout. Rear underseat storage and rear husky wheel well liners added on as well.

tp1.jpg

Next step was also to correct what I felt were, at the very least, a terrible problem- the factory tires. Went ahead and put on 275/65/20 Cooper STT Pro. No level, cranking of the keys, trimming, etc, needed. I did remove the lower valence but it was after driving around with the tires for a bit- if youre going down this road with these sizes, you do NOT need to remove or trim- I did it just as a personal preference.

tp6.jpg

13.jpg

tp9.jpg

The final step was to add on the 2016-2018 1500 LED tailights- no idea why we never received an upgrade (both for headlights and tails) but imo these really "refresh" the back end quite a bit. One day I may look to also update to the 2016-2018 SLT/Denali 1500 headlights but thats further down the road.

tp8.jpg

tp10.jpg

after toying with many different setups in my mind, between leveling and stock wheels, and or a lift with stockers. I decided to just do it right (in my mind at least lol) and lift and get wheels and tires that fit the lift. 

sooo, 8" lift and 37's are on their way!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jerseytaylor said:

after toying with many different setups in my mind, between leveling and stock wheels, and or a lift with stockers. I decided to just do it right (in my mind at least lol) and lift and get wheels and tires that fit the lift. 

sooo, 8" lift and 37's are on their way!

I did the same thing. CST 8-10 with 37's. I went 22x10 with 13.5's. I am looking into 22x12's and 15.5's.

The final step was to add on the 2016-2018 1500 LED tailights- no idea why we never received an upgrade (both for headlights and tails) but imo these really "refresh" the back end quite a bit. One day I may look to also update to the 2016-2018 SLT/Denali 1500 headlights but thats further down the road.

tp8.jpg.ba8fd8bd98ce9554e41689e688f1d213.jpg
tp10.jpg.4bd8f1a1146aa8c347ce0065356d4078.jpg

What mods did you have to do to swap these taillights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 6:09 AM, MNorby said:

Looks good. How's the power with the 37s feel?

not terrible at all. i was expecting much worse. still has decent power when moving these big things. 

take this with a grain of salt, and i know hand calculating is the only true way to know for sure, but over a long trip, my gauge read 15mpg too lol....yeah i know just as shocked as you are.