Jerseytaylor Build 6.0 Build Progress

Recalibrating the computer for bigger tires was not mentioned and you have a much bigger tire so keep in mind the computer thinks the tires are still turning as fast as they did before (smaller tire means more turns per mile) when it calculates the mileage. Could make quite a difference.....

Beautiful truck by the way!

On 12/31/2018 at 10:48 PM, cdh027 said:

Damn! Youre getting 15mpg without regearing? That's nuts.

the gauge read that after a 2 hr drive. definitely not treating that as gospel but honestly, i was expecting that this thing was going to get like 5-6mpg lol. i am very pleasantly surprised. pulse and glide and reading the terrain properly and keeping the speed at 55-60 on the highway seems to be the perfect sweet spot. I do drive like an old man lol...

Edited by jerseytaylor

• 4 weeks later...

checking back in. half ton SLT/Denali headlights are on! Man are they an upgrade...visually.

Light output wise, I would say that the projector and my 55w HID's at 5000k are stronger. But again, visually, these make the truck look so much more modern up front. 

Also, idler and pitman supports added, a steering stabilizer and kryptonite tie rods. Truck drives extremely well now.

light.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
updating this a bit. the truck is pretty much finished. got it sitting exactly as I wanted it to.
tnp11.thumb.jpg.74b07480f2f8d9e3072db9b7ee16fedc.jpg
tnp12.thumb.jpg.74512c301623acfa2a69da64b092b7c0.jpg

Truck looks great, maybe remove the valance and steps (for amps, if you want steps) and CM the tailgate handle bezel portion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Truck looks great, maybe remove the valance and steps (for amps, if you want steps) and CM the tailgate handle bezel portion

no no no. i need the steps with -76 offset man. they help curtail (a little) bit of debris getting thrown up. I tried the no valence look for a week- hated it. Truck looked like it had bucked teeth haha...

no no no. i need the steps with -76 offset man. they help curtail (a little) bit of debris getting thrown up. I tried the no valence look for a week- hated it. Truck looked like it had bucked teeth haha...

lol you gotta at least trim it up a little, it looks like a snow plow hanging down.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 10:28 PM, jerseytaylor said:

The final step was to add on the 2016-2018 1500 LED tailights- no idea why we never received an upgrade (both for headlights and tails) but imo these really "refresh" the back end quite a bit. One day I may look to also update to the 2016-2018 SLT/Denali 1500 headlights but thats further down the road.

tp8.jpg

tp10.jpg

Are these plug and play?  

I totally agree with keeping both the valence and the steps. I took my valence off and thought it looked horrible. Trimming made it look much more appropriate though. 

If I were you, I'd still consider Morimoto fogs. They present an amazing light pattern and would look great (especially with that dark truck). I'd also think about putting Boost Auto Parts mirror lenses on now that you've upgraded the headlights. The Boosts will match your rooftop marker lights and headlight LEDs better. They're pretty cheap and basically plug'n'play. 

https://boostautoparts.com/products/switchback