Sounds like my blinkers are on in my engine

230 miles on my new 18.  Just started hearing the noise yesterday.  On a cold start, it literally sounds like my blinkers are on. The sound is coming from the bottom of the engine on the drivers side.  Once the engine is warmed up, the sound goes away.

I cant hear the sound from inside the cab. Only reason I heard it yesterday, is because as soon as I started the truck, I got out to run back into the house.

Exhaust leak?  

Edited by haider320

Direct injection.... The injectors are loud they get better when they warm up. Since they are direct injection they operate at a much higher pressure.

I've been hear this in my last four vehicles they all had direct injection.

it's normal.

12 minutes ago, BigBadSierra said:

Direct injection.... The injectors are loud they get better when they warm up. Since they are direct injection they operate at a much higher pressure.

I've been hear this in my last four vehicles they all had direct injection.

it's normal.

Thank you sir

After listening more, I don't think it's the injectors.  Listen to this clip and you can hear the blinker sound.  Goes away once the truck is warm.

Here is a link from YouTube. It sounds like a blinker.
Watch "2018 Chevy knock" on YouTube

My wife’s 2018 Durango RT makes that same noise. Only does it on cold starts. Gonna have dealer address it at first oil change coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, that does not sound like a relay to me. I agree that the consistency and tone are similar.

This is what the inside of your vacuum pump looks like. The center vane rotates and slides as it rotates. If for some reason this was binding or there was debris lodged somewhere within the oil grooves, it may make a consistent ticking noise similar to what you are observing. I’m not convinced this is the culprit though and need some more info.

Does the frequency of the tick increase with engine RPMs?79632f9df4031c73803fdad746560229.jpg

1 hour ago, 300 Blackout said:

Ok, that does not sound like a relay to me. I agree that the consistency and tone are similar.

This is what the inside of your vacuum pump looks like. The center vane rotates and slides as it rotates. If for some reason this was binding or there was debris lodged somewhere within the oil grooves, it may make a consistent ticking noise similar to what you are observing. I’m not convinced this is the culprit though and need some more info.

Does the frequency of the tick increase with engine RPMs?79632f9df4031c73803fdad746560229.jpg

I tried to listen to it while pressing on the accelerator.   The engine ended up drowning out the sound, so i couldn't tell if it increased with rpms.   What i dont understand, is the sound goes away once the truck is up to normal temperature. 

The sound seems to be coming from the drivers side, down by the exhaust.  

Edited by haider320