0% for 72. Anyone get this?

IMO in the world of low interest rate loans, it makes very little sense to tie up so much cash in a vehicle. I do a fair bit of investing and in an average year make around 6.5% return. This basically means that my vehicle comes out free with a low interest rate loan from my credit union. Plus, one comes out ahead in terms of 2-3% annual inflation. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorian said:

IMO in the world of low interest rate loans, it makes very little sense to tie up so much cash in a vehicle. I do a fair bit of investing and in an average year make around 6.5% return. This basically means that my vehicle comes out free with a low interest rate loan from my credit union. Plus, one comes out ahead in terms of 2-3% annual inflation. 

Agreed, paying less cash initially on a low or zero interest loan allows you to earn interest on the money you didn't put down on the truck. That way a $50,000 investment like a common mutual fund can produce a ROI of 2-6% per year, a pretty good deal if you are at 0% on your vehicle loan. If the cost to borrow is 0, then put as little down as possible and take the loan as long as possible, put the money somewhere where it will make you money rather than drop it all initially and hope to get it back at trade-in time. 

• Like 1

I pay cash but at 0% why not play with my money with no loan penalty.  When I bought my 17 I made the deal cash and was at 27% off sticker after the usual games.  I asked them then if they would finance my deal at 0% and they said sure somewhat reluctantantly ... good enough for me.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

I pay cash but at 0% why not play with my money with no loan penalty.  When I bought my 17 I made the deal cash and was at 27% off sticker after the usual games.  I asked them then if they would finance my deal at 0% and they said sure somewhat reluctantantly ... good enough for me.  

I think they might be a little looser with it in Canada. Here in the US they typically make it an either/or proposition. Get X "extra" percent off sticker (ie bonus cash) or 0% financing. The theory is the customer pays the same money, just in a roundabout way. However, most credit unions give 1-3% interest loans, so one can take the bonus cash and finance through the CU.