Tailgate LED light bars

On 11/13/2018 at 2:19 AM, STRMTRPR said:

.. another vote for a Curt T harness.. I used the
CURT 56584 5-Way Flat which also provides the reverse signal without any splicing required vs the 4-way

How do you connect the reverse wire to this harness?  

16 minutes ago, vhreso said:

How do you connect the reverse wire to this harness?  

You can't because it's a 4pin not 7pin on the LED bar; the reverse wire will have to be tapped into the reverse wire on your taillight. I used the left one and just popped it out; pulled wire up and tapped it inside behind the housing.

You can't because it's a 4pin not 7pin on the LED bar; the reverse wire will have to be tapped into the reverse wire on your taillight. I used the left one and just popped it out; pulled wire up and tapped it inside behind the housing.

He was referring to the 5 pin connector which has a spot for the reverse. I’m sure there’s something on YouTube or google for it. I did the 4 pin and put it to my other backup lights that go on via a switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was referring to the 5 pin connector which has a spot for the reverse. I’m sure there’s something on YouTube or google for it. I did the 4 pin and put it to my other backup lights that go on via a switch

I see that now—people are using a different harness than I did. I thought he was referring the harness that’s hidden behind bumper.

4 hours ago, geswek said:

I see that now—people are using a different harness than I did. I thought he was referring the harness that’s hidden behind bumper.

The 5 pin harness that i asked about does go behind the bumper just like the one that that you used does.  I was wondering what to use to allow the 4 pin connector plus the reverse wire to be able to plug into the 5 pin harness.  

1 minute ago, vhreso said:

The 5 pin harness that i asked about does go behind the bumper just like the one that that you used does.  I was wondering what to use to allow the 4 pin connector plus the reverse wire to be able to plug into the 5 pin harness.  

It's really not -- the harness I use is actually an inline unit that goes between the truck harness and the actual assembly that your 4 pin and 7 pin connectors are built into. It provides a 4 pin pigtail that is physically behind the bumper. What you have I assume plugs into the 4 pin on the outside part of box and then you route it behind bumper to keep it concealed.

This is what I got and it keeps my trailer connectors free for actual need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A1M1J6

5 hours ago, Neallynein said:

You got the triple line from Opt7 I assume? Snooping your build thread.

Is it lagged? I heard that the triple line will lag due to controller that activates LED's, sequentials, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, geswek said:

It's really not -- the harness I use is actually an inline unit that goes between the truck harness and the actual assembly that your 4 pin and 7 pin connectors are built into. It provides a 4 pin pigtail that is physically behind the bumper. What you have I assume plugs into the 4 pin on the outside part of box and then you route it behind bumper to keep it concealed.

This is what I got and it keeps my trailer connectors free for actual need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A1M1J6

The harness is the same as that one just has one extra pin for reverse.  All hidden behind the bumper.  

1 minute ago, vhreso said:

The harness is the same as that one just has one extra pin for reverse.  All hidden behind the bumper.  

Oh snap; I was thinking of that crappy $10 one by CURT that is just a long freaking cable. My bad.

I'm thinking -- I don't know if parts store would have any type of malen crimp on that would be large enough to lock into the female side. If it was me I would probably get a 5 pin plug replacement and cut the wires on LED light bar; re-solder it myself into a 5 pin with reverse tied in.

Maybe someone else has trick for you.

.. if you get the 5 pin T harness just plug the 4 pin from the lightbar into the 5 pin as is and simply crimp an insulated bullet connector on the extra  reverse wire from the lightbar and plug it into the 5th hole.. all plug n play no splicing

.. if you get the 5 pin T harness just plug the 4 pin from the lightbar into the 5 pin as is and simply crimp an insulated bullet connector on the extra  reverse wire from the lightbar and plug it into the 5th hole.. all plug n play no splicing

Bingo. I was trying to think if that would be large enough. LOL. You the man!

1 hour ago, STRMTRPR said:

Thank you!

You got the triple line from Opt7 I assume? Snooping your build thread.

Is it lagged? I heard that the triple line will lag due to controller that activates LED's, sequentials, etc.

Barely if anything for mine

18 hours ago, geswek said:

Bingo. I was trying to think if that would be large enough. LOL. You the man!

.. if I recall correctly I used 4 or 4.5mm bullet connector.. just double check and measure the pins on your 4 way plug for the correct size :thumbs:

I’m looking to upgrade to the Opt7 triple any issues with rear sensors or backup camera. Only asking because on there website it says add a module if you have any sensors or backup camera just curious before I buy?