Tailgate LED light bars

I’m looking to upgrade to the Opt7 triple any issues with rear sensors or backup camera. Only asking because on there website it says add a module if you have any sensors or backup camera just curious before I buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn’t tell you. I don’t have a back up camera yet

Ya know I’m wondering mine now don’t have reverse. Wonder if I could get the OPT7 and wire the reverse into the cargo lights. From what im looking at the triple opt 7 is really bright.

It is pretty bright. I’m sure you could. If you wire it to a switch or to the cargo laps then when you are booking up to a trailer it helps a lot. Did you do the cargo lights on with reverse mod already?

I just bought this harness , as mentioned here in another post, its awesome ,plugs into the back of the trailer harness block (behind the bumper so you wont have those ugly wires plugged into the front of the bumper ) then you just tap the reverse wire into the wire that is in the center of the center 7 pin port (tap into wire in new curt harness) very clean install

Screenshot_20181205-095721_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 9:27 AM, SouthpawHD said:

I splurged yesterday. Putco 60” w/o amber. 

It looks spectacular and the reverse light is crazy bright and helps improve the backup camera at nighttime. 

72C2BAD7-1B57-413B-8A03-F7CD49465D91.jpeg

How's it holding up so far? I purchased it yesterday, currently waiting for it to be here already. 

1 hour ago, PhantomSierra16 said:

How's it holding up so far? I purchased it yesterday, currently waiting for it to be here already. 

So far so good. Been through a few rain storms and a snow storm and a little bit of cold. 

My last truck had one installed by the previous owner.  I didn't hate it enough to remove.  Had it ever had a problem I would have ripped it out.  I would never waste my money on one.
Why?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Opt7 has HORRIBLE customer service.  With that said, I do like the look, but have now had (2) bars that the turn signal will come on now and then when I hit the brake.   (Amber turn signals).  The circuits are cheaply built.   I fixed the 2nd one I got as it cost too much to ship back and argue with Opt7.   CUST SERVICE SUCKS!   Also, yes, there is lag when you turn the signal on.  Not too bad, but noticeable.   Putco is MUCH better build. MUCH better.  

On 1/10/2019 at 10:12 PM, Nitrousbird said:

They don't look all that good.  Screams aftermarket and not in a good way.

Well a lot of things on this forum scream aftermarket in a bad way i.e. Strut Spacers, wheel spacers, block lifts, cheap chrome side steps. 

Depending on what light you have obviously it might look bad but the Putco and Opt7 are the better looking led lights. It doesn’t hurt to enhance safety imo.

I like the look and the safety aspect
Went with putco, yes pricey but worth every penny 49c965242e504003bd98741c4f1e8077.jpg

Grizzlyltz

Looks nice any delay? I bought the OPT7 but have not installed yet. Heard a lot of people saying there is a delay.