jakobkindt

Tailgate LED light bars

I bought a cheap 20 dollar one on Amazon. I mounted it under the lip of the tailgate. It lights up the gap and you don't see the individual lights. 

IMG_20190412_210452.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jakenbake18 said:

I bought a cheap 20 dollar one on Amazon. I mounted it under the lip of the tailgate. It lights up the gap and you don't see the individual lights. 

IMG_20190412_210452.jpg

So you put it on the tailgate itself?  COOL!!!!  I like that, might do mine that way, when I get around to it.

13 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

So you put it on the tailgate itself?  COOL!!!!  I like that, might do mine that way, when I get around to it.

Yeah I stuck it to the tailgate so when its closed it is facing down.

• Like 1

I decided to bite bullet and get the triple line from Opt7 -- I like the look of that solid line of red versus my dotted red I have now.

I wonder how much of a pain it'll be removing the old one with the 3M double sided tape.

:D

I decided to bite bullet and get the triple line from Opt7 -- I like the look of that solid line of red versus my dotted red I have now.

I wonder how much of a pain it'll be removing the old one with the 3M double sided tape.

If not reusing the old one you might be able to use a heat gun to persuade the 3M tape off. After that it’s a ton of goo gone maybe. Good luck.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!
  • Like 1

Got the Putco light bar installed today.  I was surprised that the are now shipping their own harness adapter so everything is truly sealed plug and play including the reverse lights!  Will send back the Curt adapter and 5 pin harness that i planned to use for this project.  Took about an hour to test and install and I am.very pleased with the fit, look, and function.  Easy upgrade for under $200.  Highly recommended!!  Pics to follow when it isn't pouring rain.

If you were curious here is the Opt7 triple line. I unfortunately don’t like delay so I’m sending it back to Amazon. My factory signals will flash one cycle before bar picks up and starts flashing.

https://imgur.com/a/G8gtjl7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk