2015 Silverado with HUD retrofit/upgrade.

Could.be wrong but looks like the HUD unit could fit with minor trimming and not have to cut the dash. Then just cut small square out to the plastic filler panel?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spent almost 3 week trying to figure out how not to cut my dashboard, and all scenarios there was no way it would have fit more perfect than the way I did it., main reason I did it this way was so that if one day my HUD goes bad I don’t have to redo this 7ede012633b291f9282137332b5eae0c.jpg
Now the way I modified it, I can just loosen the hud retainers/screws without removing the entire dashboard.
The HUD itself is pretty big and it wasn’t meant to be in our trucks so I had to modify the best way possible I thought it could serve me for future complications. Beside the new Tahoe/Silverado visor I created makes it look like a Tahoe/Yukon cluster visor hood. It give it a more oem look and that’s my personal opinion.ab4837773cfff86bc784693f04c8d395.jpg I made it out of carbon fiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For this mod. The windshield needs to be replaced???  What if there is the red flashing hud warning light?  Does that mean you have the right windshield?

f156b74c0ede55017c11f29c2c861e86.jpg
Check your windshield for hud acoustic sticker if it does have them you have the right one., keep in mind that 14-18 Silverado or Sierras didn’t come equipped with HUD functions.

• Thanks 2

So this modification could be ultra-expensive. It would be interesting to see what the costs are for all of the components and what it would take for labor to tear your dash apart and then rebuild it seems like a lot of work for not much additional if any information

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎21 at 7:49 PM, 2003 SSEi said:

@Viktorrocks15 just curious if you had any update on finishing off the visor

I am also curious if you have pictures of the finished product?  I sent you a PM with a few questions.

• 2 months later...

Ok guy I have the visor from Viktorrocks15. I am going to attempt this HUD install tomorrow. I have a guy working on reproducing the HUD hood. I am not looking to make anything off the sale of the hoods. When I here back from the guy working on the mold. I will let you know who he is and I will let you deal directly with him. If this is something you are interested in? Post something on here saying so. Just so I can let him know he may have other customers other than me. I am having mine covered in brown leather to match the rest of my interior.

• Like 2

Ok guy I have the visor from Viktorrocks15. I am going to attempt this HUD install tomorrow. I have a guy working on reproducing the HUD hood. I am not looking to make anything off the sale of the hoods. When I here back from the guy working on the mold. I will let you know who he is and I will let you deal directly with him. If this is something you are interested in? Post something on here saying so. Just so I can let him know he may have other customers other than me. I am having mine covered in brown leather to match the rest of my interior.

I’m in! :). For black. I have hood as well if we need to supply them. Thanks!

48 minutes ago, JADSCOOP said:

I'm interested as well.

• 2 weeks later...