Rear window leak

Demon

By the way, when I got my truck back the first two times I attempted to leak test it myself. I sat there spraying that thing with a hose from every conceivable angle and every pattern on the nozzle for a good 20 minutes and couldn't make it leak. I was like friggin' Forrest Gump...Little bitty stingin' rain, and big ol' fat rain, rain that flew in sideways, and sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.

But a real light rain for 15 minutes and found water drops in the cab. Can't explain it but when it rained, it leaked.
With mine before taking it in to dealer Monday, I just put the garden hose (no nozzle) on the roof of the truck with a light stream of water back and forth, and within 10 seconds there was water dripping inside the truck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Here is a copy from a third party.....
18-NA-383.docx
This great thanks. I want to have it in hand when the service advisor calls so I can see if they followed the correct procedure. Usually I can get the tsbs off NHTSA, but since this isn't a safety issue I guess it won't show up there.

Ok, I got mine back yesterday. The advisor showed me the bulletin. I was wrong in thinking they remove the rear window and reseal it. They do remove the rear spoiler, and fill the gap between the body and window with clear caulking or urethane. So, if done properly and cleaned up well, you don't see anything. I must have gotten Gomer Pyle on my car. Didn't even bother cleaning off the excess sealer. So I'm annoyed. But, as of now, it's dry. It rained last night, but not that heavily. I'll keep checking it. It's going back next week for them to replace the carpet since it smells like mildew in the truck.

c45adadb9be62be7fead6e4e2bcedd28.jpgf654bb8902859ac8ace091e818a473be.jpg19a8aa1fd4b4d7da0066e869075d44c6.jpg037efb45b85b772ff0fcf6a2a27e4aa2.jpg976fced99d27d6d0cd5e1bee2cbd32f3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well White 94rx, I made the same mistake assuming that the window had to come out first for resealing. But they just pull the headliner down, remove the spoiler and place sealer

on the top edge of the window. Now if it still leaks, the window gets replaced or resealed, but it gets removed the second time around. I took mine in Wednesday morning and they still have not

touched it and the job is suppose to take less than 2 hrs.

Ok, I got mine back yesterday. The advisor showed me the bulletin. I was wrong in thinking they remove the rear window and reseal it. They do remove the rear spoiler, and fill the gap between the body and window with clear caulking or urethane. So, if done properly and cleaned up well, you don't see anything. I must have gotten Gomer Pyle on my car. Didn't even bother cleaning off the excess sealer. So I'm annoyed. But, as of now, it's dry. It rained last night, but not that heavily. I'll keep checking it. It's going back next week for them to replace the carpet since it smells like mildew in the truck.

c45adadb9be62be7fead6e4e2bcedd28.jpgf654bb8902859ac8ace091e818a473be.jpg19a8aa1fd4b4d7da0066e869075d44c6.jpg037efb45b85b772ff0fcf6a2a27e4aa2.jpg976fced99d27d6d0cd5e1bee2cbd32f3.jpg

You might be able to take a razor blade and gently run it along the top edge of the glass to scrape the excess caulk off.

It sounds like they already sealed mine but waiting to hear back on the inside as I told them I'm not taking back a 1 day old truck that has been leaking for 6 months without the headliner, seats and carpet being replaced.

Very good point about the longevity of the repair. They called it "seam sealer" which is very different from regular bathroom caulk. If it's anything like the seam sealer the factory uses when building the vehicles, or if it's like windshield urethane, it's not going anywhere.

I could easily scrape off the leftovers. Which I may do, but I have to go back for the carpet replacement and the filler neck replacement anyway.

Very good point about the longevity of the repair. They called it "seam sealer" which is very different from regular bathroom caulk. If it's anything like the seam sealer the factory uses when building the vehicles, or if it's like windshield urethane, it's not going anywhere.

I could easily scrape off the leftovers. Which I may do, but I have to go back for the carpet replacement and the filler neck replacement anyway.

What about your headliner and seats? Did you notice water stains or mildew on the floor carpet?

There's no staining of the headliner or seats that I can see. I just smell mildew when I get in the truck. If the smell is still there after they do the carpet, then they'll have to keep replacing stuff till the smell is gone.

There's no staining of the headliner or seats that I can see. I just smell mildew when I get in the truck. If the smell is still there after they do the carpet, then they'll have to keep replacing stuff till the smell is gone.

Part of me wants to do this in two stages. Fix leak, wait a few weeks to make sure leak is fixed, then replace stuff. I also will be putting a leer camper cap on my truck so that will be a pain if the fix doesn't work and I have to take cap off truck in a few weeks