Rear window leak

Demon

My headliner is toast so I don't think they really cared about it since it was getting replaced.

I spent all day on the phone with GM customer care, my sales rep, and the service rep. Hopefully the stars will align tomorrow and they will agree to buy my truck back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So my story keeps getting better. Dropped the truck off Wednesday for the rear carpet to be replaced. Service advisor calls me yesterday afternoon. Says the smell is mostly gone, but it's still faintly there. Wants to shampoo my front carpet since it may have absorbed the smell. Wtf. Won't be ready till Monday, and he's not completely sure the smell will be gone. I'm so frustrated at this point, I don't even want the truck. I'm about to call customer care now. I won't settle for anything less than perfect. If I can smell anything at all, it's going right back to them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So my story keeps getting better. Dropped the truck off Wednesday for the rear carpet to be replaced. Service advisor calls me yesterday afternoon. Says the smell is mostly gone, but it's still faintly there. Wants to shampoo my front carpet since it may have absorbed the smell. Wtf. Won't be ready till Monday, and he's not completely sure the smell will be gone. I'm so frustrated at this point, I don't even want the truck. I'm about to call customer care now. I won't settle for anything less than perfect. If I can smell anything at all, it's going right back to them.

That sucks. What about the seats and all the sound absorbing material behind the rear seats? The water has to go through them first before it hits the carpet. Remember the service guys are only getting paid by GM to do the bare minimum so if you want stuff replaced, I would ask them to have the service manager contact the district rep to authorize it. Otherwise dealer service might have their hands tied. You should also call customer care and get a case number opened to document everything on the corporate level and have customer care send an email to your district rep as well. I would also request that the district rep personally inspect your vehicle. At the very least you might get the district rep to authorize an extended warranty for you if you mention your concerns about long term reliability and or new mold from the water damage.

And don't forget to be strong in your demands but kind and polite too. Good luck.

I've got a case number. They're escalating it. I've already brought up a buy back. Of course I mentioned the seats and padding to the advisor, and he just says that didn't get wet, that the water just ran down the metal and down into the carpet. They may be doing the minimum they're allowed to, but all it does it build a stronger case for me to get it bought back. A senior advisor is supposed to be contacting the dealership and me as well.

I've got a case number. They're escalating it. I've already brought up a buy back. Of course I mentioned the seats and padding to the advisor, and he just says that didn't get wet, that the water just ran down the metal and down into the carpet. They may be doing the minimum they're allowed to, but all it does it build a stronger case for me to get it bought back. A senior advisor is supposed to be contacting the dealership and me as well.

How can they say the seats don't get wet? I have pics with water all over my seats.

Of course nobody from GM got back to me today but my sales guy now says he thought they were still going to try and repair my truck even though everyone from the GM customer care down to the service advisor agreed with me yesterday that a buy back was the best option. Now I get to go all weekend long being pissed off so I can go to work Monday and start my new daily routine of calling GM, calling Service, calling sales, calling manager and getting pissed off all over again.

I keep holding out hope that someone will do the right thing.

Two weeks in. Little over two more and I can submit lemon law papers. The clock is ticking.

Do y’all think this is a widespread issue affecting thousands (or more) of trucks or just a handful of unfortunate owners? Aside from this forum, I cannot find a mention of this issue anywhere else on the inter-webs. This thread has certainly made me paranoid about my truck! Ugh..

Already posted early on in this thread, and I feel for you guys.  I bought a new 2018 a couple months ago but I would be very distraught if this was an issue I was dealing with on a new 19.

I hope GM takes care of you guys full circle, buy back, replacement of items, etc. ...

That's hard to say. The average person may not even know forums exist. It's definitely common enough that GM knows there's an issue because they issued a service bulletin about it. If it affected every truck, it would likely be a recall.

• Thanks 1

The part that bugs me most is GM knew about this issue months ago and didn't have the simple courtesy to alert dealers to check all trucks built before October 1st for this issue. Literally 30 seconds of water from a hose and I had water gushing in. Instead they just let unsuspecting customers drop $45k on a water damaged truck and offer a free caulk, a shampoo, and an air freshener for your troubles.

I told GM there are probably 100 people in my family, friends, and work that know about my truck. Everyone of them say "what is Chevy going to do for you?". What story does gm want me to tell? Caulk and an air freshener, or holy crow they bent over backwards and gave me a new truck? There are at least 10 K2 Silverado owners at my office and they are all paying very close attention to how this gets resolved.

9 hours ago, lebag335 said:

Do y’all think this is a widespread issue affecting thousands (or more) of trucks or just a handful of unfortunate owners? Aside from this forum, I cannot find a mention of this issue anywhere else on the inter-webs. This thread has certainly made me paranoid about my truck! Ugh..

I'd say that if the truck was built before Oct 2018, it has a chance of leaking if it has a rear power slider window. Take mine, made Aug 2018, bought Sept 2018, leak noticed Apr 2018. Of all those who have left entries on this site, there are about 20 people who have noticed water in their interior. Some had the simple fix of the sealant added to the top of the window while others had to have the rear window replaced. Some had further damage resulting in the headliner and carpets being replaced. Others have or are seeking having their trucks sold back to GM because the problems are to much for them to accept which is rightfully so. To be honest, I have owned / bought more than 60 vehicles in my lifetime [80% GM, 20% Ford, Toyota, Nissan] and this vehicle by far is the #1 in Dealership visits. But this was suppose to be GM's most tested vehicle with 7 million miles racked up. They missed a few things or they ignored some. Electrical / Software / Hardware problems have shown up pretty much immediately as owners took possession.  I know first year vehicles have problems but GM should go above and beyond to satisfy their customers more so because of the problems. Owners that go thru problems like Shamrock, White should be the top priority of GM. The process should be easy and straight forward but that is not the case. By the time GM buys back the vehicle, the  previous owner is so fed up that they do not wish to see another GM Dealership. Now GM and my Dealership have taken care of any problem I have experienced or any update that needs to be applied to my complete satisfaction. But then I have been with this dealership for 40 years.

• Like 1