Rear window leak

Demon

1 hour ago, lebag335 said:

Y'all are freaking me out about this problem, however; I live in the Panhandle of Texas and it doesn't rain a lot.  I'm hoping that I won't have the issues some of you are.

Side note; did y'all's trucks leak right away or did you drive them for a while and the the leak started.  I'm wondering if the rear window frame was always broken or if something happened as a result of driving (e.g., body flexing, etc.)?

Mine lasted about 6 months before I noticed some drops. Others drove off the lot, washed the vehicle and the flood started. You are probably right about the window frame, overtime it gets worse due to flexing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine lasted about 6 months before I noticed some drops. Others drove off the lot, washed the vehicle and the flood started. You are probably right about the window frame, overtime it gets worse due to flexing.
Up north freeze thaw can rip apart roads and break boulders in half. Once water gets in that window channel, in the crack and it freezes and thaws 30 or 40 times then you have a real problem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Up north freeze thaw can rip apart roads and break boulders in half. Once water gets in that window channel, in the crack and it freezes and thaws 30 or 40 times then you have a real problem.

So what happens after the 3 \ 36,000? 

Got my truck back today. Of course with more to add to the story. It's in worse condition now than when they picked it up from me.

The gentleman I have been dealing with is indeed the general manager of this inept dealership. Called me this afternoon and said that the smell is gone, and they have detailed my truck, including cleaning any excess sealant from the rear window, and removing the fine swirl marks from my paint. Of course I was skeptical.

I will say, at the moment, the mildew smell is gone (or covered up). However, it has been replaced with an overbearing, strong chemical and chlorine smell. I was farting in the truck, trying to smell it over the chemical smell. So they accomplished their goal of replacing one odor for another. I do expect the mildew smell to return. I think I could faintly get a whiff of it underneath the chemical smell.

The sealanr has been maybe 60-70% cleaned, however, it has been replaced with some kind of other goop or sticky crap on the body of the truck, on the sides of the rear glass. That wasn't there before! How the hell do you clean something, but add something else?

The interior wasn't detailed. The boot prints are still there, including a greasy boot print on my step bar, that wasn't even washed! The scratches and crap all over the passenger door panel are still there. The dirty boot prints on the rear floor mat are still there. The GM had to leave before I got there, unfortunately. Maybe he knew it wouldn't be pleasant. I had the sales manager walk out to the vehicle with me for an inspection. I hope he was as embarrassed as he acted. This place is a freaking joke! I pointed out everything that wasn't fixed, as well as what was worse than before.

I called customer care on the way home. Finally got someone higher up. Requested a meeting with the area rep, as well as sent her all my pictures. The truck is barely drivable as the chemical smell is overwhelming and gave me a headache on the drive home. All they're doing is building my case for a buy back. Turns out, my BMW area rep was at my shop today. I had a nice conversation with him about buy backs, how it works, and how lemon law works. I'm expecting a call from the GM in the morning, seeing as how the sales manager took pics and said he would show him. I've got his cell, and I will be calling.fa1894356d0df2f7aa3e50a78912e7cb.jpg0893852f4455a42bd06de8dd69fb07ef.jpg8d153fb3dff5d5fb09b1a258b019ba82.jpga6d2e1666937fc90f446f0cda2767766.jpg704e51cbabe663d5b7035776af7a14d0.jpg8dea0014581f1de67319025644c3e2ef.jpg442cf7bb005d820c9fd7c7925c4f92a7.jpg911821f333f0a2e14d030ecbd688f5ec.jpg865fc15373261f926fc20768f42c3d0c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was close to that today. But it just sucks. I drove an Equinox loaner for 5 days. What a piece of crap. Then they brought me a brand new Silverado to drive. 4 banger turbo, didn't even have leather. So maybe I should have left my truck there, but at this point I want to drive my truck. The truck I wanted and bought. Black on black, Z71, with leather and trailering package. Screw them and their crappy trucks they're bringing me. Unless they bring me an equivalent or better. Any day now, I'm about to go pick up my boat, de-winterize it, and go out on the lake. It's 7500 lb plus. Their shitty 4 banger truck isn't going to like that. Plus every time my truck leaves and goes back, it's another repair attempt. So F them.

The definition of Insanity is taking your truck to an incompetent dealer twice and expecting a different result.

Is that residue sticky? Almost looks there was sealant there and they tried to wipe it off with something?

What advice did your BMW guy say about buy backs and lemon laws? Spill the beans...

29 minutes ago, white94rx said:

I was close to that today. But it just sucks. I drove an Equinox loaner for 5 days. What a piece of crap. Then they brought me a brand new Silverado to drive. 4 banger turbo, didn't even have leather. So maybe I should have left my truck there, but at this point I want to drive my truck. The truck I wanted and bought. Black on black, Z71, with leather and trailering package. Screw them and their crappy trucks they're bringing me. Unless they bring me an equivalent or better. Any day now, I'm about to go pick up my boat, de-winterize it, and go out on the lake. It's 7500 lb plus. Their shitty 4 banger truck isn't going to like that. Plus every time my truck leaves and goes back, it's another repair attempt. So F them.

Man...…………..holy crap what an embarrassment this whole thread is really.  They need to make it right.

4 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

The other question. Did you soak down the truck real good again to make sure whatever they did didn't spring a leak?

By the look of the scratches around the window (if I'm seeing things correctly) does it even matter?  geees.

So gm assembled a super complex machine of high strength steel and a aluminum capable of amazing things, assembled by highly complex machines and skilled workers. And it all came crumbling down because of a hairline crack in a piece of plastic.

• Thanks 1

The definition of Insanity is taking your truck to an incompetent dealer twice and expecting a different result.

Is that residue sticky? Almost looks there was sealant there and they tried to wipe it off with something?

What advice did your BMW guy say about buy backs and lemon laws? Spill the beans...

In Georgia, it's 3 repair attempts, then a 4th "final inspection", I guess to prove if it's fixed or not. I think the window is 2 years, 24k miles, not sure. He just said document everything. Told me to ask for a personal meeting with the area GM rep and go over the truck with him. If they wanted, they could do a collateral substitution, like give me a nearly identical truck and nothing changes with my financing. Or they can do a trade assist and get me into a different vehicle. Or nothing at all, in which case you have to force them with the lemon law stuff. Pictures, documentation, and customer care calls.