Rear window leak

Demon

3 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

They will have to order a new headliner which means they will have to remove the front windshield to get it out and the new one in

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Can they not get the stain out then? 

Can they not get the stain out then? 
Well that is up to you to decide. You could ask them to shampoo it if you don't want your truck torn apart and see if it gets the water stains out. Mine had probably been leaking for months so I told them it had to be replaced.

Glad to hear they got stains out. Mine had multiple water stains and I was worried about mold so had it replaced.

I didn't hear anything back from dealer or district rep today, which means by Monday it will be 22 days in the shop.

I drove by the dealer tonight and my truck wasn't left out in the rain at least.

Well, I just heard back from the dealer on the fix for my LTZ.  I feel this is the best possible scenario based on what I've seen here.

To recap:

-This is the 15th day it's been there.

-They've done the remove/reseal of the rear spoiler in the TSB.  Solved some of the leak but not all.

-Headliner doesn't appear to be water damaged(caught it early I guess).

-Had a glass company out(Safelite...meh) to inspect the glass.  Said they would remove/clean/reseal/reinstall.

Safelite advised them that there was a 100% chance the rear window assembly would break if they tried to remove it.  My Service Advisor told them not to even try.  They are ordering a new rear window assembly and Safelite will install it early next week.  He said parts availability don't appear to be a problem.  They will remove the old, install the new and then do a thorough leak test.  He said keep my loaner til then and don't worry about it.  BTW, I did NOT buy the vehicle at this dealer.

I know there have been a lot of bad experiences with dealer repairs in this thread.  Believe me, it scared the hell out of me.  However, this dealer has so far taken good care of me...and even kept my truck inside full time(which I have visually verified).  So, I'll advise on how it comes out, but if you're in central TX, you might want to consider a trip to this dealer and Service Advisor.  I'll post the details if anyone is interested.  Quite possible that on future repairs they will take this route but who knows.

• Like 1

Well, I just heard back from the dealer on the fix for my LTZ.  I feel this is the best possible scenario based on what I've seen here.

To recap:
-This is the 15th day it's been there.
-They've done the remove/reseal of the rear spoiler in the TSB.  Solved some of the leak but not all.
-Headliner doesn't appear to be water damaged(caught it early I guess).
-Had a glass company out(Safelite...meh) to inspect the glass.  Said they would remove/clean/reseal/reinstall.

Safelite advised them that there was a 100% chance the rear window assembly would break if they tried to remove it.  My Service Advisor told them not to even try.  They are ordering a new rear window assembly and Safelite will install it early next week.  He said parts availability don't appear to be a problem.  They will remove the old, install the new and then do a thorough leak test.  He said keep my loaner til then and don't worry about it.  BTW, I did NOT buy the vehicle at this dealer.

I know there have been a lot of bad experiences with dealer repairs in this thread.  Believe me, it scared the hell out of me.  However, this dealer has so far taken good care of me...and even kept my truck inside full time(which I have visually verified).  So, I'll advise on how it comes out, but if you're in central TX, you might want to consider a trip to this dealer and Service Advisor.  I'll post the details if anyone is interested.  Quite possible that on future repairs they will take this route but who knows.
I would feel much better with a new window than the 2 tubes of black sealant on my truck. Glad to hear its getting squared away.

I agree. I would much rather have a new rear window than a resealed defective window.

So the GM customer care representative called me Friday afternoon. They denied my buy back as expected, stating that they've spoke with the dealership and are attempting to fix my truck. Laughable to me. I told her this is clearly not the end of the situation, and I'll play their games, but I'll get a buy back in the end, or it will be declared a lemon. My case stays open for now.

In the meantime, I'm driving the general manager's demo Silverado. They can keep my truck as long as they want. The longer, the better for my case. Regardless of all the damage they've done to my truck, it's still not right. The original problem was a water leak, which caused an odor in my truck (mildew). They then performed a chemical treatment which resulted in a different odor. So no matter how you look at it, I have a permanently damaged truck with an odor that they can't fix. Sounds like a lemon to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Alright here's an update on my truck. I noticed the leaking Wednesday. Called my dealer and they said no earlier than May 2nd with a loaner. I called GM and opened up a case. The representative worked with me and got me into another local dealer Friday and they provided me with a loaner RST. I pulled up the TSB and gave them the TSB number. They assured me the tech they were going to have fix it is very good. Let's hope! 

• Like 1

I'm on the 4th visit to the dealer. Not sure if the first two visits may count as one visit since they fixed the leak and ordered carpet on the first visit. Second visit they installed the carpet and did one shitty ac Delco deodorizer. Then I picked it up knowing it wasn't fixed because I had to use my truck. An Equinox won't pull my boat. Then it went back for the chemical treatment that permanently damaged my vehicle. They gave it back to me then and said fixed. Lol [emoji1787] A smelly truck is a smelly truck whether it's mildew or chemical.

I'm on the 4th visit to the dealer. Not sure if the first two visits may count as one visit since they fixed the leak and ordered carpet on the first visit. Second visit they installed the carpet and did one shitty ac Delco deodorizer. Then I picked it up knowing it wasn't fixed because I had to use my truck. An Equinox won't pull my boat. Then it went back for the chemical treatment that permanently damaged my vehicle. They gave it back to me then and said fixed. Lol [emoji1787] A smelly truck is a smelly truck whether it's mildew or chemical.

Bring it back and tell them it still smells. In NY if they refuse to fix it, you send a certified letter to GM Corporate and the attorney general and that starts a separate clock ticking for lemon law. Read your states lemon law.

Repair attempts is probably calculated (I'm guessing) by repair order number. So if you bring it back before they "close out" the repair order, the records may not reflect a failed attempt towards the count. You are probably better to look if your state has a 30 days cumulative out of service Clause. It is much easier to get 30 days than 4 attempts.

I've been reading GA lemon law. There is a 30 day clause, as well as 3 repair attempts, and a 4th final inspection, I'm guessing to prove the problem still exists.

They haven't called me, and I'm not calling them. Clock is ticking. And I'll have the manager inspect it with me when I go to pick it up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was told mine should be ready in a day or two. Supposedly the rear seats were removed and checked for water damage and no moisture or stains were found. So they are going to send it to be detailed and should be ready tomorrow.

As soon as I get it home I'm going to soak it with a hose and remove the rear seats myself to check for water damage just for piece of mind.

Sounds like the official gm procedure is only to replace visible water damage stains to headliner and anything behind the seats or carpet is to be shampooed or sanitzed.

I was called by the dealer yesterday and will be picking my truck up 4/23. They also advised the stains on the headliner were cleaned and are gone. 

On a side note to test the seals should I just run a hose on the roof for a few minutes?