In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Rear window leak

Demon

5 hours ago, SPASierra said:

Thanks for the info!  I had looked up the rear glass on GM Parts Direct, and they have it for $330.  I'm sure shipping will cost a pretty penny as well.  There is a local glass shop here that everyone recommends for windshields (vs Safelite), so I will give him a call.  If you happen to have the part number for the rear glass, can you tell me if this is what you got?  https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-back-glass-84008420?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9Z2xhc3MtYW5kLWhhcmR3YXJlLWJhY2smbD00Jm49QXNzZW1ibGllcyBQYWdlJmE9Z21jJm89c2llcnJhLTE1MDAmeT0yMDE5JnQ9c2x0JmU9NS0zbC12OC1nYXM%3D

My glass place ordered the glass from the local dealer. Unfortunately no part number is list on the receipt. I gave him my vin but was useless since my vin shows a slider. I told him to get a solid with factory privacy tint with defrost and he understood what I was going after. Shows a list price of $522.64 with a net price of $343.72. Which is what I was quoted when I called the dealer also. $18 charged for adhesive. Labor was $300. Tax of course is extra. With the install the spoiler and headliner stayed in place. The seat back has to be removed and the seat belts with the trim panels also need removed. For me it was worth paying extra because of the shop reputation then going with a company like Safelite. Which the guy may or not have experience. Good luck on your window. 

37 minutes ago, TeamSaris said:

I’m leaning towards just having it replaced by a professional glass shop. I don’t want to deal with the dealer. They can only do what Gm lets them do. If I can do it for 5-600 dollars, it stings, but it’s worth it for a 50k truck. 
what boggles my mind is that GM just about forces to get the slider. Wouldn’t you think they’d stop pushing it by now? They gotta know it doesn’t work. 

They (GM) don't give a $h!t.  It's all about the $$

So stupid to put a spoiler in your roof with more holes allowing even a possibility it will leak. The spoiler adds nothing to the design of the truck. I wouldn’t have missed it had it not been there. Just FYI I was looking at a Ram forum and they had the same issue with the cracking frame in 2019. Have not heard or found if any Rams beyond 2019 had the issue. Still considering trade in. But still researching 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I read the same thing earlier today. They need to get these issues under control. Ridiculous my 31 year old C1500 is sitting outside getting the ****** pounded out of it by rain and still dry as a bone inside, while my 1k mile ‘21, well you know.

Mine was sealed at the dealership on Wednesday and it rained for hours on Friday (yesterday) and I am happy to report, no leak. I only hope it stays that way.

No expertise implied or expressed

Well guys, I just couldn't deal with it anymore. Carvana offered 39,600 and Carmax offered 41k. Waiting for wife to pick me up from Carmax right now. Check in hand. I do not plan to buy anything else at this time. The truck was a third vehicle. Don't really need one. I'll be sure to lurk this thread for years to come. Good luck to the rest of you still dealing with this and those who will be soon. Peace

• Like 4

Well guys, I just couldn't deal with it anymore. Carvana offered 39,600 and Carmax offered 41k. Waiting for wife to pick me up from Carmax right now. Check in hand. I do not plan to buy anything else at this time. The truck was a third vehicle. Don't really need one. I'll be sure to lurk this thread for years to come. Good luck to the rest of you still dealing with this and those who will be soon. Peace

Gonna be jumping ship too in the next couple of weeks. As I was on the way to the dealer for the window issue, I got a reduced engine power, service parking brake, and service ESC with reduced steering assist had to pull over. 2 months of ownership and only 1100 miles. I’m over it. I have zero confidence in this vehicle. I’ll keep my GMT400 til I die though.

1 hour ago, UGADawgs said:

All the best to you, man. You’ve been a great help in this thread. 

That’s a good cash price. What was your trim again? 

KBB dealer portal offered me $42K for ‘19 my RST Z71 with 14K on it. I’m holding out for another month or two to trade for an SUV, tho. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2021 at 1:19 PM, smit303 said:

19, 20, 21. When will it end? What the hell kind of engineers do they have that can't solve this problem?  

Given how ugly these things are, you have to actually ask this question? 

1 hour ago, UGADawgs said:

It SUCKS that GM let you down.  And is letting everyone else down.  How much did you pay for it new?

59 minutes ago, econometrics said:

All the best to you, man. You’ve been a great help in this thread. 

That’s a good cash price. What was your trim again? 

KBB dealer portal offered me $42K for ‘19 my RST Z71 with 14K on it. I’m holding out for another month or two to trade for an SUV, tho. 

2019 LTZ Z71 with just under 17k mi

Edited by UGADawgs
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Colossus said:

It SUCKS that GM let you down.  And is letting everyone else down.  How much did you pay for it new?

I didn't pay cash, so in the end, I paid about 16k for 21mos of ownership, which includes TTL, interest, and insurance. But the aggravation was beyond measurable. 

40 minutes ago, Colossus said:

Given how ugly these things are, you have to actually ask this question? 

I bought it because I loved the look. My favorite looking truck available.  Sucks you think they don't look good. But let's not hijack this thread with that tangent. LOL

• Like 2