2019 Silverado or RAM - which should I buy?

cltsig

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

It’s amusing when other brands are called junk by kook aid drinkers. I’ve owned all the brands, know people who love Rams, Fords, Chevys. In my business over 40 years it would be Ford, Ram, Chevy 3/4 ton diesels. Fords 2 to 1 over Ram very few Chevy work trucks driven by customers. In my travels fleets usually we’re Ford 1/2 tons then Chevy by municipalities and utility companies. My pulling years were Dodge Cummings, later Ford power stroke 7.3. My 1/2 ton years the last 20, Ford, Dodge, many GMs. Not one outlast the other, usually price was my deciding factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good point. My current truck is a F-250 Platinum. I went Ford mainly for the room with having kids, plus the added tech and features the truck had.  When the new GM 2500s come out, I'll give them a look, but I'm not gonna pay a premium price just because they have a roomier interior. If the new 2500 trucks lack the same tech the others have, the price best be much lower than a comparable RAM or FORD top line trim, or they won't get considered.

• Like 2

I will leave the decision of what brand to buy up to the individual. But I will say this, a relative who was a long time Dodge owner bought a new loaded Ram diesel that was a problem truck.  He now has a loaded Silverado diesel and loves it.  

So buy what you think will make you happy and hope it's not a problem child because they all make bad ones every once in a while.

[emoji4]

It all depends on your budget when it comes to getting from point A to point B, Dodge is the cheapest for a reason. I’ve never known anyone interested in high quality actually owning a dodge. They’ve been rated worst in mpg’s and crash test. Mainly, they’re purchased as a truck, poorly built trucks that cater to the more budget minded, that’ll get you from point A to point B. I bought a couple loaded out dodges, one was a Hemi and other a Cummins, both were the biggest GARBAGE I’ve ever purchased.