2019 SILVERADO FRONT DIFFERENTIAL NOISE!

Maybe this forum can help me.

I purchased my 2019 Silverado last month. It currently has 900 miles on it. From day one, I noticed a rotating clicking noise coming from the front... I did a couple of tests of my own and found out that it only makes this noise in 2X4. Whenever I put it in 4X4, the noise quits... once I take it out of 4X4, the noise stays gone for a while but eventually returns after driving it for a while.

I took it to the dealership and they put it on the rack and spun the driver-side front tire.... found out that the click was coming from that area. The dealership replaced the Front Differential with a new one (did not replace the CV) but the noise is still present.

Can anyone help me diagnose this?

1 hour ago, Aycock1987 said:

I purchased my 2019 Silverado last month. It currently has 900 miles on it. From day one, I noticed a rotating clicking noise coming from the front... I did a couple of tests of my own and found out that it only makes this noise in 2X4. Whenever I put it in 4X4, the noise quits... once I take it out of 4X4, the noise stays gone for a while but eventually returns after driving it for a while.

I took it to the dealership and they put it on the rack and spun the driver-side front tire.... found out that the click was coming from that area. The dealership replaced the Front Differential with a new one (did not replace the CV) but the noise is still present.

You have a brand new truck with a full warranty.

Why ask for diagnosis here?

Take it to your dealer and let them handle it. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 10:51 AM, Aycock1987 said:

I had this same exact issue and just had it resolved after a few trips to the shop. I was told that rubber boot that is on the front drive shaft was dry. When the drivetrain warms up that rubber boot was squeaking against the drive shaft with a rotational noise. They packed the boot with grease and it is fixed. I hope this helps anyone with a similar issue. 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, kwmaverickman said:

I had this same exact issue and just had it resolved after a few trips to the shop. I was told that rubber boot that is on the front drive shaft was dry. When the drivetrain warms up that rubber boot was squeaking against the drive shaft with a rotational noise. They packed the boot with grease and it is fixed. I hope this helps anyone with a similar issue. 

So after 3 trips to the dealer, they finally found out the issue. It turned out being the transfer-case making the noise and they had to replace it. They replaced it about 2 months ago and I haven't had the issue since.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

WOW I have had the same issue, first they said transfer case, then rubber boot, and then differential, then the one (differential) they replaced came back with noise worse than before, after warm up rotating noise..  trippy!  I have had this problem from day one of ownership.  I'll be sure to book mark this thread see how many others are out there. I am currently still waiting on fix for this issue.

Edited by David Cantara
add

19 hours ago, David Cantara said:

WOW I have had the same issue, first they said transfer case, then rubber boot, and then differential, then the one (differential) they replaced came back with noise worse than before, after warm up rotating noise..  trippy!  I have had this problem from day one of ownership.  I'll be sure to book mark this thread see how many others are out there. I am currently still waiting on fix for this issue.

Check these threads: 

I had my front end differential replaced last week and I also still have the rotational noise when the drive line warms up. My dealer was reaching back out to the GM techs to see where they should go from here. This is definitely a huge disappointment . I am anxious to see what they will do next because this is obviously becoming a problem with these trucks.

• 1 month later...

Mine is doing the same thing. 19 Rst Z71 5.3. Only does it in 2wd, put it in auto and it goes away. Just 4,000 miles. Build date of 10/18. Goes into the dealer Wednesday. Not going to say anything about the tsb, interested to see what they say.