In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I had to post up some pictures of my success on opening day of the gun hunt in WI.

I got a doe right after sun up. So I was already relaxed. Then after lunch this buck came running out of the woods. I only had seconds to get a shot off, I can't believe I knocked it down with one shot.

Its a nice 10 pointer, but one tine is broken off. There's a little nub coming off the brow tine so it's almost an 11 pointer. I haven't spent any time measuring yet.

Definitely the biggest buck I've ever shot or even seen live in my 20+ seasons hunting. Weighed in at 153 lbs dressed.

Good luck to all the others out there, and be safe!

20181117_135336.thumb.jpg.5c0ecf72332ad87c7c714337bc71a7c5.jpg

• Like 7
53 minutes ago, Waterfowler41 said:

I'll be bow hunting up in Iron County at the end of the month, same some bucks for me!

Up there you have to worry about the wolves more than me. My buck tag is already filled.

Edited by aseibel
11 minutes ago, aseibel said:

Up there you have to worry about the wolves more than me. My buck tag is already

filled.

Down here its coyotes killing off the little guys, no chance to grow. This will be my first time hunting WI, let alone way up north.  Not getting my hopes too high.  Would be happy with a doe for the freezer, would be ecstatic with a buck. 

Truck looks good with all those deer stacked up. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Down here its coyotes killing off the little guys, no chance to grow.

Funny you mention coyotes. A pair came running across the field saturday morning, the neighbor shot and hit one, then I hit the second one. So we reduced the population by 2 this weekend.

20181117_100114.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not into hunting (AKA dipping/drinking coffee & freezin my ass off in the early morning in the woods :D) but way too many around & we need population control so glad you are helping out lol! Nice examples.

I see the plow - I thought there weren't really options for plows on our trucks for some reason I thought CC trucks weren't rated for a plow?? How does it do & how much was the setup if you don't mind me asking? Do you get a lot of front end sag w/ the added weight? These trucks are so low from the factory but I have mine lifted about 3" in total between level/tires so that would help

Just now, crushNchowda said:

I'm not into hunting (AKA dipping/drinking coffee & freezin my ass off in the early morning in the woods :D) but way too many around & we need population control so glad you are helping out lol! Nice examples.

I see the plow - I thought there weren't really options for plows on our trucks for some reason I thought CC trucks weren't rated for a plow?? How does it do & how much was the setup if you don't mind me asking? Do you get a lot of front end sag w/ the added weight? These trucks are so low from the factory but I have mine lifted about 3" in total between level/tires so that would help

yeah, it works fine for plowing. The CC cannot have the "plow prep" package from the factory. but it still has the same 3950 Lb front axle as the WT, so it will hold up any plow made for half ton trucks. The only real negative is the long turning radius. But it works fine for my driveway.

My setup was just about $5,000 installed at a shop. This truck sags suprisingly little. I measured it stock at just under 1" drop when the plow raised, but then I put Timbrens on the front and that cut the sag to about 1/2"

I need a quiet way of killing the rabbits in my area.  Rural neighborhood but neighbors are animal rights yahoos and even though the rabbit population is very unhealthy and very few coyotes to hunt them, they still think having 10 rabbits destroy my lawn is acceptable. 

• 1 year later...
I need a quiet way of killing the rabbits in my area.  Rural neighborhood but neighbors are animal rights yahoos and even though the rabbit population is very unhealthy and very few coyotes to hunt them, they still think having 10 rabbits destroy my lawn is acceptable. 
.22 Cal pellet rifle

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

• Like 1