Borla........Le Sigh

You could call corsa and se if they sell just touring muffler. 

Or buy a magnaflow 12909 or 14909 if pipe diameter is 3.5”. Muffler is quiet and 22” long. They have lots of other options for offsets and sizes. They are a lot quieter than Borla. 

The problem with the Borla systems is these pipes:
d501272de3d176f4a8516bd9875446d1.jpg
They are welded into the muffler. So to replace the muffler would require having new pipes bent up at an exhaust shop instead of just swapping mufflers. Why they engineered it like that I’ll never know.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

How long have you had it? Just give it some time. Tine changes after a bit.

When i got my Carven TR muffler welded on, first few days i was like ohh man this is loud.... but then it tamed down a bit and i got used to it. Now its perfect sound.

1 hour ago, Ozer said:

How long have you had it? Just give it some time. Tine changes after a bit.

When i got my Carven TR muffler welded on, first few days i was like ohh man this is loud.... but then it tamed down a bit and i got used to it. Now its perfect sound.

Unless it gets >30% quieter, it isn't gonna survive my temperament.

4 hours ago, Centex14 said:

The problem with the Borla systems is these pipes:
d501272de3d176f4a8516bd9875446d1.jpg
They are welded into the muffler. So to replace the muffler would require having new pipes bent up at an exhaust shop instead of just swapping mufflers. Why they engineered it like that I’ll never know.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

For the same reason they won't sell me a replacement muffler from the tamer system.............they suck. I'll not buy another Borla product again.

I’ll never own anything else but Borla. I’ve done magnaflow and home made and corsa and mbrp and I always come back to Borla. This is my 3rd one. I wouldn’t have selected this system but it was installed when I bought the truck.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

On another thread someone with similar SPL issue suggested getting the borla mini race muffler and installing it in front of the S-Type muffler. I ordered one and had it installed at a shop and it did indeed take the edge off the sound to acceptable level for me. He claimed the SPL reduced by 6-9db  which i would also agree with. for every Every 3 DB dropped SPL (Sound Pressure Level) is cut by 1/2

13 hours ago, Centex14 said:

My offer still stands on trade. Mine is a dual that exits straight out the back. The truck is a third vehicle so I have no issue taking it down for a week or two for shipping.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

Thanks, but I'm not a fan of the dual out the back. I'm probably just gonna go back to stock. I'll put the S-Type exhaust up for sale.