Level kit install

Garage day was at my house today.

I helped a few friends in our group install level kits on their 2019's with some interesting discoveries.

All trucks were purchased this week.

2 HC's only needed 1 1/4 lift to be perfectly level, yet my Son's HC needed 1 1/2.

A Trail boss needed 1 1/2, Sierra AT4 needed 1 3/8. 

Yet an LT needed a 2 inch spacer to be "just about" level. Still has a very slight rake.

I installed a 1 1/4 on mine which by choice left a very slight rake, when I hook my boat up it makes it level.  

Seems to be most  of the NBS can get by with 1 1/2 front spacer and be level, 2 inch would be nose high.

All of these trucks with the exception of the Trailboss and mine had fender lip to ground of 38 1/2 inches all around AFTER level kit install.

Did not get to measure Trailboss post install but I will soon.

Busy day but lots of fun as most of these guys have never turned a wrench before.

Edited by jericbarg
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, jericbarg said:

All will stay stock except for my Son’s,  he hasn’t figured out what he wants yet.

Is there anyway you could post a pic of your with the 1 1/4? I have an LTZ that I tow a bass boat with frequently and don’t want it to be nose high when towing. I’m just curious how they look with the stock tires leveled. 

2 hours ago, Cmillerjr said:

What kit was installed on the Trail Boss?

These were spacers I made several years ago when I got my CNC.   I cut thicknesses starting with 1/4(1/2 in lift) all the way up to 1 1/4 (2 1/2 lift)

There are tons of all thicknesses  on ebay with bolts for $15-18.

Park truck on level surface, then measure your fender lip to top of wheel and order accordingly.

Keep in mind spacer thickness will be approximately  one half of desired lift measurement.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:15 PM, jericbarg said:

Garage day was at my house today.

I helped a few friends in our group install level kits on their 2019's with some interesting discoveries.

All trucks were purchased this week.

2 HC's only needed 1 1/4 lift to be perfectly level, yet my Son's HC needed 1 1/2.

A Trail boss needed 1 1/2, Sierra AT4 needed 1 3/8. 

Yet an LT needed a 2 inch spacer to be "just about" level. Still has a very slight rake.

I installed a 1 1/4 on mine which by choice left a very slight rake, when I hook my boat up it makes it level.  

Seems to be most  of the NBS can get by with 1 1/2 front spacer and be level, 2 inch would be nose high.

All of these trucks with the exception of the Trailboss and mine had fender lip to ground of 38 1/2 inches all around AFTER level kit install.

Did not get to measure Trailboss post install but I will soon.

Busy day but lots of fun as most of these guys have never turned a wrench before.

Did you notice if these truck had any kind of block under the rear leaf springs?

18 minutes ago, drucker said:

My HC doesn't have any block. I ordered a 1 inch block and U bolts from Fabtech.

leaf spring.jpg

That is what I would do also. 

A set of 1 inch blocks with u-bolts is only $50 shipped TYD.

Easy and inexpensive  fix.

Edited by jericbarg