Level kit install

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 5:15 PM, jericbarg said:

Garage day was at my house today.

I helped a few friends in our group install level kits on their 2019's with some interesting discoveries.

All trucks were purchased this week.

2 HC's only needed 1 1/4 lift to be perfectly level, yet my Son's HC needed 1 1/2.

A Trail boss needed 1 1/2, Sierra AT4 needed 1 3/8. 

Yet an LT needed a 2 inch spacer to be "just about" level. Still has a very slight rake.

I installed a 1 1/4 on mine which by choice left a very slight rake, when I hook my boat up it makes it level.  

Seems to be most  of the NBS can get by with 1 1/2 front spacer and be level, 2 inch would be nose high.

All of these trucks with the exception of the Trailboss and mine had fender lip to ground of 38 1/2 inches all around AFTER level kit install.

Did not get to measure Trailboss post install but I will soon.

Busy day but lots of fun as most of these guys have never turned a wrench before.

So are the spacers from a 2016 the same? I was told the struts were different. Thanks

5 hours ago, Joedert said:

I have the same question. Anyone?

On 12/7/2018 at 10:51 PM, StevenStarke said:

Alignment required after install? What’s easiest way to do it?

Yes, an alignment is definitely needed after leveling a truck.

• 3 months later...

How did the leveling kit work out on the Trail Boss. I just purchased a MotoFab 1” & 1.5” kit from eBay. Figured I’d see which one works the best during install. Although, all the manufacturers, including MotoFab, say the leveling kits won’t work with the Trail Boss 

• 3 weeks later...

Any issues with aligning after leveling?  I put a 2” lower strut level on my RST and the alignment shop wasn’t able to adjust the camber.  It’s running -4.7 on both front tires.  The truck is a little nose high right now by almost 3/4”.  I’m going to change it to a 1” level this weekend.

Edited by Jimmyc2k2

On 3/16/2019 at 8:52 AM, CPBassGuide said:

How did the leveling kit work out on the Trail Boss. I just purchased a MotoFab 1” & 1.5” kit from eBay. Figured I’d see which one works the best during install. Although, all the manufacturers, including MotoFab, say the leveling kits won’t work with the Trail Boss 

Any feedback yet?  Have you tried to install these yet?

33 minutes ago, Trailboss75 said:

Any feedback yet?  Have you tried to install these yet?

I installed the 1.5” MotoFab with no problems at all. Been running it for almost 2 weeks. Angles on everything looked good.  Now I’m about to purchase some Fuel Vandal 20x10 -18 wheels with some 305/55r20 tires. Still deciding on a tire. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CPBassGuide said:

I installed the 1.5” MotoFab with no problems at all. Been running it for almost 2 weeks. Angles on everything looked good.  Now I’m about to purchase some Fuel Vandal 20x10 -18 wheels with some 305/55r20 tires. Still deciding on a tire. 

Haha that’s crazy that’s the exact wheel I am looking at too, although I was looking at the 0 offset cause I was unsure of the level working and if the -18 would fit without level.  But I think I am getting closer to doing the same, at least it can work until A real level comes out.  I was going with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 305/55r20 but also looking at 295/60r20 as well. 

On 4/3/2019 at 9:15 PM, CPBassGuide said:

Did you get your wheels installed yet?  Curious as my shop talked to a fuel rep and he says they will still rub.  I’m so confused, not sure what to do.