Level kit install

17 minutes ago, Trailboss75 said:

Did you get your wheels installed yet?  Curious as my shop talked to a fuel rep and he says they will still rub.  I’m so confused, not sure what to do.

They’re being delivered sometime this week. I ordered them from Custom Wheel Offsets. I ended up ordering 20x10 -18 Fuel Vandal’s with LT33x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I decided not to go with the 305’s because of fear they may rub too much. 

23 minutes ago, CPBassGuide said:

They’re being delivered sometime this week. I ordered them from Custom Wheel Offsets. I ended up ordering 20x10 -18 Fuel Vandal’s with LT33x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I decided not to go with the 305’s because of fear they may rub too much. 

Haha dont say that!  I’m going tomorrow to try and test fit some wheels and install the 1.5” lift.. I’m praying it all works so I can keep the setup.  Otherwise I will have to go with 20x9 0 offset.  I already ordered the Ridge Grappler 305/55 so no turning back now.

So I did a test fit today at the tire shop.  With the standard 2” lift on a Trail Boss and a 20x9 1 offset with a Ridge Grappler 305/55r20 it rubs on the mud flap behind the tire.  The rub starts at about the last inch of plastic.  We added the 1” lift and it really didn’t make any difference, still rubbed in same spot.  We removed the metal bracket behind the mud flap which allowed us to  push the mud flap back a little bit and we got the clearance we needed.  We never even tried the 20x10 -18 as no way that would have fit without more lift.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Trailboss75 said:

So I did a test fit today at the tire shop.  With the standard 2” lift on a Trail Boss and a 20x9 1 offset with a Ridge Grappler 305/55r20 it rubs on the mud flap behind the tire.  The rub starts at about the last inch of plastic.  We added the 1” lift and it really didn’t make any difference, still rubbed in same spot.  We removed the metal bracket behind the mud flap which allowed us to  push the mud flap back a little bit and we got the clearance we needed.  We never even tried the 20x10 -18 as no way that would have fit without more lift.

That’s what I was afraid of. It’s why I decided to just go with the 33x12.50. They’re actually only 32.76” tall (supposedly). I get them tomorrow, and there’s no returning them. 

2 minutes ago, CPBassGuide said:

That’s what I was afraid of. It’s why I decided to just go with the 33x12.50. They’re actually only 32.76” tall (supposedly). I get them tomorrow, and there’s no returning them. 

If you still have any rubbing on the back mudflap, you can remove this bracket behind it.  It’s only there to provide extra support for the mud flap, so not really needed. You have to remove mud flap first, then it’s just two screws to remove the bracket.  After removal, the mudflap sits back further and I had no issues with clearance.  But you may have more rubbing with the 20x10 -18.

A09AFACB-B543-4654-9030-5EAE5129CC28.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2018 at 4:15 PM, Jerry's Denali said:

Garage day was at my house today.

I helped a few friends in our group install level kits on their 2019's with some interesting discoveries.

All trucks were purchased this week.

2 HC's only needed 1 1/4 lift to be perfectly level, yet my Son's HC needed 1 1/2.

A Trail boss needed 1 1/2, Sierra AT4 needed 1 3/8. 

Yet an LT needed a 2 inch spacer to be "just about" level. Still has a very slight rake.

I installed a 1 1/4 on mine which by choice left a very slight rake, when I hook my boat up it makes it level.  

Seems to be most  of the NBS can get by with 1 1/2 front spacer and be level, 2 inch would be nose high.

All of these trucks with the exception of the Trailboss and mine had fender lip to ground of 38 1/2 inches all around AFTER level kit install.

Did not get to measure Trailboss post install but I will soon.

Busy day but lots of fun as most of these guys have never turned a wrench before.

I tried to install a 2" lower level kit today on a Sierra with x31 package, and I hate to say it but I gave up. I know my way around a truck, but damn. Getting that shock to stay in the right spot to line up the new bolts is hell. Is there a trick that I don't know of? Am I not prying hard enough? I've looked up videos on older models but can't find anything for the T1. Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure I loosened all the bolts that I needed to, I got it loose enough that the spacer just went in. But can't get the shock back on top. Trying not to be too vague. But damn, that was frustrating. Also do you use supplied nuts or re-use anchor nut that's on the shock? Thanks for any help

41 minutes ago, CSachvie said:

I tried to install a 2" lower level kit today on a Sierra with x31 package, and I hate to say it but I gave up. I know my way around a truck, but damn. Getting that shock to stay in the right spot to line up the new bolts is hell. Is there a trick that I don't know of? Am I not prying hard enough? I've looked up videos on older models but can't find anything for the T1. Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure I loosened all the bolts that I needed to, I got it loose enough that the spacer just went in. But can't get the shock back on top. Trying not to be too vague. But damn, that was frustrating. Also do you use supplied nuts or re-use anchor nut that's on the shock? Thanks for any help

I believe 1.5" is the most you can go if you do a lower shock level.  You have to have both the top and bottom spacers or just the top spacers for anything above 1.5".

57 minutes ago, z1boss said:

I believe 1.5" is the most you can go if you do a lower shock level.  You have to have both the top and bottom spacers or just the top spacers for anything above 1.5".

The 2" seems to be quite popular? I wanted a 1.5 but apparently the only size my shop sells is 2" and apparently lots of guys use em.  But seems tight?

7 minutes ago, CSachvie said:

The 2" seems to be quite popular? I wanted a 1.5 but apparently the only size my shop sells is 2" and apparently lots of guys use em.  But seems tight?

I'm not sure about the standard trucks but the ones with the GM lift (Trailboss/AT4) cant fit a lower mounted 2 inch level because the bolts hit the CV axle.  I would assume it's the same situation for the standard trucks but I'm not 100% positive

m new to this. So forgive me if this is a stupid question

i have the custom trailboss. So from my understanding a 1 1/2 spacer in the front will level it. 

Could I get a 3 1/2 spacer for the front and a 2 inch block in the back for a 4 inch lift.   Will this work?  

Would it ride awful? 

Thanks for any help

Here is what I got from Readylift...Latest status was in the next week or so.

Readylift BMC

· a month ago  

No sir, we do not recommend stacking an aftermarket leveling kit with the factory Trail Boss/AT4 2" leveling/lift kit as you will eventually experience ball joint issues. We will have a AT4/TB version kit with new control arms with proper cup and pivot angles available shortly.