• 9 months later...
On 1/17/2019 at 8:57 AM, cedwards611 said:

Roger that. I’ll take it into the dealership and see what they say. I got an extended warranty on it. Not sure what it’s good for hahah.

Thanks!

Anything happen with this? My 2017 does the same thing. It’s gotten worse w mileage, now it’s almost every time turning right and accelerating. 

18 hours ago, joeyazzata4 said:

Anything happen with this? My 2017 does the same thing. It’s gotten worse w mileage, now it’s almost every time turning right and accelerating. 

I think it’s the Stabilitrak. Try turning it off by holding down the traction control button for about 5-10 seconds. I forget what’s supposed to happen, as far as two yellow lights coming on the dash cluster or something. Try driving around with the Stabilitrak off and see if the noise goes away. That’s what did it for me anyway. 
From what I gather, the Stabilitrak reduces power going to spinning tires, and it just sounds awful when it engages. That, or there’s something wrong with our Stabilitrak and something is just grinding away when it engages. I never got around to taking it to the dealership. 

5 hours ago, cedwards611 said:

I think it’s the Stabilitrak. Try turning it off by holding down the traction control button for about 5-10 seconds. I forget what’s supposed to happen, as far as two yellow lights coming on the dash cluster or something. Try driving around with the Stabilitrak off and see if the noise goes away. That’s what did it for me anyway. 
From what I gather, the Stabilitrak reduces power going to spinning tires, and it just sounds awful when it engages. That, or there’s something wrong with our Stabilitrak and something is just grinding away when it engages. I never got around to taking it to the dealership. 

Thanks so much. I’m always wheeling mine like a Camaro. It doesn’t do it w stabilitrack off. Did the dealer say anything?

32 minutes ago, joeyazzata4 said:

Thanks so much. I’m always wheeling mine like a Camaro. It doesn’t do it w stabilitrack off. Did the dealer say anything?

Lol. I haven’t taken it to the dealer yet. I should probably go soon though to get that braking recall dealt with... I’ll ask them about the grinding if I go

There are two systems. Traction control detunes the motor when the rear wheels start spinning. Stabilitrac uses the antilock brake system to work the brakes when the vehicle is skidding. Sometimes the stabilitrac system will malfunction and come on when turning and that produces a grinding noise due to the antilock brakes engaging. Pushing the traction control button turns off traction control, holding it down for 5 seconds also turns off stabilicrap. Until 56 km per hour, then it automatically comes back on since 2014. 

7 hours ago, Dirtbiker said:

There are two systems. Traction control detunes the motor when the rear wheels start spinning. Stabilitrac uses the antilock brake system to work the brakes when the vehicle is skidding. Sometimes the stabilitrac system will malfunction and come on when turning and that produces a grinding noise due to the antilock brakes engaging. Pushing the traction control button turns off traction control, holding it down for 5 seconds also turns off stabilicrap. Until 56 km per hour, then it automatically comes back on since 2014. 

Thanks for this. This makes so much sense now.

Do they have a fix for this? Probably need to update the computer...

33 minutes ago, cedwards611 said:

Thanks for this. This makes so much sense now.

Do they have a fix for this? Probably need to update the computer...

That I do not know. I removed a fuse to disable all of it as it took over from me in a skid on ice once and put my truck in the ditch. I learned to drive long before all this computer garbage and it doesn’t really work in snow and ice all that well. 

• 3 months later...