Cold weather errors (trailer connection & sensors)

Two hour drive home today. Every ten seconds a round if alerts about trailer, rear cross traffic and lane assist faults. Flashes the radio screen each time too. Blood was starting to boil after the distractions caused me to almost get in a wreck in traffic. 

Thankfully I was able to stuff my hat in the dash and turn off the radio so I could actually drive. 

For what it’s worth I cleaned all the sensors and tried restarting the truck to make it stop. I shouldn’t have to do that anyways, this is a truck in the winter, it’s gonna be dirty and if that is a problem then this truck will have to find a new home. 

I don’t really want to deal with a dealer this time of year but it looks like I have no choice.  
They updated mine and no issues now. So I guess it must be a software issue.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

They updated mine and no issues now. So I guess it must be a software issue.

Why doesn’t GM auto make the download apply thru the update without going into the dealer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why doesn’t GM auto make the download apply thru the update without going into the dealer

I don't know. You'll have to call GM...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have the same problem here in QUebec the truck is going crazy with the trailer disconnected...

With your post, I know that I will call GM for an update !

Thanks for your post !

Well I have the same problem here in QUebec the truck is going crazy with the trailer disconnected...

With your post, I know that I will call GM for an update !

Thanks for your post !
Let me know how it goes. You can message me if you want. Mine had the update done, everything was fine, and now the problems are back. My truck is going back to the dealer at the end of the month when I'm back from my work hitch.

2 minutes ago, KA0S said:

Let me know how it goes. You can message me if you want. Mine had the update done, everything was fine, and now the problems are back. My truck is going back to the dealer at the end of the month when I'm back from my work hitch.

Oh well I should wait until you have answers then.. 

that suck really bad, its a brand new truck and this thing just came on few days ago when its under -10 here. 

Keep me up to date with this please !

I thought the update helped at first

It was 12°F this morning and all the sensors trailer disconnect we’re all going crazy

So much for the update

At 32°F the sensor still give me a problem

Guys in normal conditions does all the sensors suppose to turn off when you connect a trailer ?

If yes probably theres something wrong with the trailer harness...

Or

Maybe theres something with the temperature sensor...

I try to figure it out cause many people said even with an update nothing happen..

What do you think?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm another with the same problem.  Just got my truck on Saturday and now two cold mornings in a row the car keeps thinking I'm connecting and disconnecting a trailer, even when driving.  It makes using the displays essentially impossible.  Dealer picked my car up this morning and think they "know what the issue is."  I'm hopeful, but seeing all of you who have had it recur concerns me.  I live in Montana and it is cold here.  If this continues it will be unacceptable.  

I’ve had mine updated and it was fine for a few days. Today at 20F it’s back to the same crap. Off to the dealer tomorrow to see what can be done. 

And yes the displays flashing are almost useless and extremely distracting while driving. 

I spone with my dealer and he saids that Gm is on the problem trying to fix it probably is just an update of the computer they will keep me up to date for that problem...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

Update for me.  They are dropping my  car back off tomorrow.  Updated system but openly told me this is an open ticket with GM that does not have an official ticket.  I was told I will deal with it from time to time until GM figures it out.  They were hoping a couple weeks.  Not a happy camper.  I saw GM responded early in this thread.   I wish they would respond again.

If i could do away with options for my truck these parking sensors would be at the top of the list. They are without a doubt more of a nuisance than a help it seems, especially if your like me and live in a snowy climate as they always trigger a false detection with ice or snow buildup around the sensors. Sorry guys who are new to these trucks but i don't see software updates fixing this issue, been pretty common for the last 5+ years anyways. Mine just eventually thankfully shut down all together when they start freaking out hopefully they kept that feature.

• Like 1