GM under investigation for faulty brake vacuum pumps

Ozer

https://www.whec.com/news/gm-under-investigation-for-faulty-brake-vacuum-pumps/5154566/?cat=565

"The U.S. government is investigating more than 100 complaints of poor brake performance on 2.7 million General Motors big pickups and SUVs."

Hold your receipts if you have done any work, hopefully a recall comes out of this. 

I also think reporting your issues to the NHTSA may get this rolling out faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had an issue with braking on my 2015 Silverado. The brake pedal would get super stiff at low speed and the truck would barely brake. Almost ran into a light pole at Walmart. I will have to pull the work order, I think Chevy replaced the master cylinder or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, dave07 said:

I had an issue with braking on my 2015 Silverado. The brake pedal would get super stiff at low speed and the truck would barely brake. Almost ran into a light pole at Walmart. I will have to pull the work order, I think Chevy replaced the master cylinder or something.

I thought i was the only one having this problem...i almost hit someone the other day cause it didnt want to stop completely.

So you just took it and told them what it was and did not charge even after the warranty?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My truck was under warranty at the time!

Had this issue with my 2015. Backing into my driveway which has a down hill slope I almost hit my garage door. Both feet on the brake pedal and I was able to get it to stop. Also noticed it at slow speeds in stop and go traffic.

First call to the dealer for a quote the service writer wanted me to bring it in and pay to have them diagnose it. I told them just get me an estimate to replace the pump, line, booster, and master cylinder. Another service writer called me back and said they had just done one and it was $1074.

I bought all my parts online and had an independent shop do it for $830 total. Sure would be nice to recoup that. 

For those having an issue start a claim with the NHTSA, save any receipts. Also I did find pumping the brakes would help some before I got it fixed.